Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What case is this?(maybe the wrong place)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It looks like an atx case. Assuming it is the parts will fit. How many pli card slots are there in total on the old board and case?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

BloodBath wrote: »
    It looks like an atx case. Assuming it is the parts will fit. How many pli card slots are there in total on the old board and case?

No idea. I have some pics I can show you if that helps.
    Also have a place for a fan can you reccommend one? You can see it on the left hand side of the close up picture
    IMG_1347.JPG
    IMG_1355.JPG

It looks like a standard atx case to me. It should do you for now. You can always get a better one in future.

What size is the fan mount? If you want cheap and cheerful 120mm fans then the arctic f12's on hwvs are decent. Loud at full speed but they can be turned down in the BIOS.

It looks like a standard atx case to me. It should do you for now. You can always get a better one in future.
    Cheers. Great help as usual. Any ideas on the fan or should I even need one. Always nice to have i suppose.

Updated the last post.

• Advertisement

What size is the fan mount? If you want cheap and cheerful 120mm fans then the arctic f12's on hwvs are decent. Loud at full speed but they can be turned down in the BIOS.

Guessing its a 120mm. Roughly 4 inches so I'd say so. Fan doesn't have to be overly cheap. Also is it worth my time getting a new fan for the side of the case. 75mm(roughly 3 inches) I think or should the standard one do. Comp can get fairly hot now and then. Mainly at the Old 420W PSU but sometimes the side one can be a little hot.

Oh BTW someone was telling me earlier about the monitor effecting gamplay and since Im using my TV I was just wondering will it impact much.My tv screen is a Philips LCD TV 37PFL5604H 94 cm (37") Full HD 1080p digital TV with Pixel Plus HD.

It's not going to be ideal. I would suggest replacing the case at some stage but it would do for the short term. I wouldn't go spending much on fans or anything for it though. Arctic F12's are perfectly good case fans when turned down.

I'd imagine the side fan is 80mm. 75mm isn't a standard size. It would be no harm replacing it. There are arctic f8's as well.

There's nothing wrong with a big tv as a pc gaming screen ( i play on a 50 inch plasma) as long as you are sitting a distance away from it. The picture quality is never going to be as good as a smaller 1080p screen which will have a higher pixel density.

It's not going to be ideal. I would suggest replacing the case at some stage but it would do for the short term. I wouldn't go spending much on fans or anything for it though. Arctic F12's are perfectly good case fans when turned down.

I'd imagine the side fan is 80mm. 75mm isn't a standard size. It would be no harm replacing it. There are arctic f8's as well.

There's nothing wrong with a big tv as a pc gaming screen ( i play on a 50 inch plasma) as long as you are sitting a distance away from it. The picture quality is never going to be as good as a smaller 1080p screen which will have a higher pixel density.

Any suggestion for a case. Just in case I do decide in the future to switch.
    Probably I was only guessing myself tbh but I suppose it could do with replacing especially since there cheap anyway.

Haha if only someone had told me years ago. I sit further away then I would a regular monitor but I'm still probably doing damage haha. If I had the room for a monitor I'd get one but my since I don't.My PS3,PC and sky box are all hooked up to the TV. Waiting for it to explode one day haha.
    Thanks all ways

It depends on your budget and whether you are overclocking or not. These are good value. Comes in silver + black or silver + white as well.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Midi/73764/Cooltek+Antiphon+Black%2C+ohne+Netzteil.article

It depends on your budget and whether you are overclocking or not. These are good value. Comes in silver + black or silver + white as well.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Midi/73764/Cooltek+Antiphon+Black%2C+ohne+Netzteil.article
    Well it probably wouldn't be for another year or so. My budget would be fairly good but I wouldn't like to spend a lot on a case. Ill keep that case in mind. Thanks

• Advertisement

I wouldn't go spending much on fans or anything for it though. Arctic F12's are perfectly good case fans when turned down.

Quick question about the fans on hardwareversand. Since theres only a euro in the difference should I go for the the most expensive f12 and f8. I mean the pro PWMs? or are the normal ones good or is there a difference at all? Theres also a f8 pro PWM CO which is maybe 2 euro more expensive than the normal one. Not sure what the differences are but if it runs a little better with them the extra few euro wont kill me.

PWM use 4 pin connections. Afaik the board you were going for is all 3 pin and you can still control their speed through the uefi bios or bios software in windows.

PWM use 4 pin connections. Afaik the board you were going for is all 3 pin and you can still control their speed through the uefi bios or bios software in windows.

So just the normal ones will do fine. Think it's only an extra €5 total so getting the new ones is probably for the best

No you don't get it. It's not new or old. It's just different. There's no point getting 4 pin pwm fans if the board is 3 pin. You will not be able to control the fan speed at all then. Check what connections are on your board.

No you don't get it. It's not new or old. It's just different. There's no point getting 4 pin pwm fans if the board is 3 pin. You will not be able to control the fan speed at all then. Check what connections are on your board.

In this case I do. I mean new fans as in new in comparison to the ones I have Haha. I get that I can't use the pwm. Can you explain why there is a difference between the normal ones and the pro etc. there's like 5 different versions of the same fan. Is there any other difference apart from the number of pins?

Feck all. You're going to be turning them down anyway as they are quite loud at full speed.

Feck all. You're going to be turning them down anyway as they are quite loud at full speed.

Cheers for being patient. Ill be the first to admit I can be a little slow haha. Oh ok. Noise won't be much of a bother. When I'm playing I'd hardly notice it. Will turn them down when I'm watching movies or whatever. Do you have a quick guide on how to turn them down. Old comp is fairly noisy when I'm watching movies already.

There's no need to keep adjusting them. I'd set them to about 50-60% of their full speed and leave them at that.

You can do it through the bios fan options or your mainboard software.

It's a galaxy 3 gaming case. Eventually found out haha. Now that we know what it is what do you think of it blood? Says there are 2 fan slots at the front. Apart from cooling the HDD how do they work. Seems like air could neither get in or out of there. Does it just blow the air back to the back of the computer.(gonna admit putting in fans is an awful job for me. I remember cleaning out my comp and having to put back in one of the fans. Finding out which direction they have to be placed in is a pain in the ass)
    Im hoping everything will still fit now or else I will be out another 60 quid haha

Edit: just looking through the pics of the MB you suggested after looking at my computer. I noticed the ports on the MB and the port spaces at the back of the PC don't quite match up. Will this be much of a problem. On my ipad now but when I'm on the computer ill try get a pic up to show you what I mean.(I could be completely wrong haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

• Advertisement

Ironbar wrote: »

Yeah I just found that out this morning. Hoping the new parts fit the case now

Do you mind if I suggest one if you haven't bought it yet ?

Look at this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-Midgard-Casing-Without-Supply/dp/B002BAZT5I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372514767&sr=8-2&keywords=xigmatek+midgard

Have it myself and it's really good.

2 fans - one in front, one in back

the drive bays have rubber in for noise reduction

PSU goes in bottom takes in air from bottom and blows it out the back so it doesnt add to heating up the inside.

Do you mind if I suggest one if you haven't bought it yet ?

Look at this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-Midgard-Casing-Without-Supply/dp/B002BAZT5I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372514767&sr=8-2&keywords=xigmatek+midgard

Have it myself and it's really good.

2 fans - one in front, one in back

the drive bays have rubber in for noise reduction

PSU goes in bottom takes in air from bottom and blows it out the back so it doesnt add to heating up the inside.
    Thanks I appreciate the suggestion.
    I already own the galaxy 3. It's from my old computer. Building a new gaming rig and hoping I can reuse it just to save money
    What bloodbath suggested

Intel Xeon E3-1230v2, boxed, LGA1155
    8GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL9
    Powercolor HD7950 PCS+ 3072MB GDDR5
    ASRock ZH77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX

So I'm hoping it fits with the 620w corsair PSU I have. Need to add a 120mm and 2 80mm fans to the case. Plus maybe replace the side fan just because there cheap. Hopefully keeping the rig nice and cool :P

Good choice of a system you have there.

Should be capable of running everything.

Though you might come back to a better case some time. I had a cheap bummer at some stage.

Then I got this and it's a huge difference noise and temperature wise.

Maybe I would have suggested a Gigabyte or Asus board for the fan control on the Asrock boards is not the best.

They either run the CPU fan with full speed or too slow.

Good choice of a system you have there.

Should be capable of running everything.

Though you might come back to a better case some time. I had a cheap bummer at some stage.

Then I got this and it's a huge difference noise and temperature wise.

Maybe I would have suggested a Gigabyte or Asus board for the fan control on the Asrock boards is not the best.

They either run the CPU fan with full speed or too slow.
    Yeah I'm really please with what bloodbath has suggested for me. Had a better budget I'd invest in the case and a better MB but my budget is €600 and I'm already slightly over budget. My brother was just telling me he has a case from a build he was going to make but never did but he can't remember what it is so when I find out ill let you know and see what you think.

The help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

There's nothing wrong with the fan control on Asrock boards. You can adjust it it in multiples of 10% from 10-100. They offer better features for their price than the likes of Asus.

You aren't going to be overclocking right? I can't remember from your initial post. Cooling isn't as important if not.

As for the ports at the back. There is a metal plate that fits in there with the holes to match the board. All mainboards come with their own backplate so it's replaceable.

There's nothing wrong with the fan control on Asrock boards. You can adjust it it in multiples of 10% from 10-100. They offer better features for their price than the likes of Asus.

You aren't going to be overclocking right? I can't remember from your initial post. Cooling isn't as important if not.

As for the ports at the back. There is a metal plate that fits in there with the holes to match the board. All mainboards come with their own backplate so it's replaceable.
    I wasn't going to OC. Wouldn't trust myself at doing it haha, plus I can't overclock the Xeon anyway.
    Just like to keep the system cool. Current PC is overheating a lot causing games to stall(the reason I'm getting the new parts.
    Oh ok. Clueless I am haha. Cheers for the info

This is the case my brother has that he is giving to me. What do you guys think. Looks pretty good but I'd like to hear what ye have to say http://www.topcashback.co.uk/cashback/iVent_ATX_PC_Case__ATX_OLED_PC_Case__by_iCute_

I'd rather go with the Xigmatek. This iVent seems overpriced...

• Advertisement

I'd rather go with the Xigmatek. This iVent seems overpriced...

The ivent is free. My brother already had it and Wasnt using it. He gave it to me. :D

Advertisement