Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountmellick

Options
  • 25-06-2013 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Anybody know what Mountmellick is like to live in, specifically the Ballacollig estate?

Comments

dont think great, mountmellick is gone rough especially college avenue. ballincollig is out portarlington road. i say your best bet is to drive around there at different parts of the day and see what you think yourself. and even at weekends. friends of mine live in mountmellick and think its very rough. alot of limerick gang members have been moved up to mountmellick and portlaoise supposily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Thanks for your reply (didn’t think anyone was going to).

I actually decided to go ahead with the sale as the house was in receivership and got it for an 85% discount from NAMA. I heard that Mountmellick was a bit rough alright, but when I did a little digging I got the impression that most of it was blown out of proportion a little bit by locals who (rightly so) want their Garda station back and in actual fact the crime rate for Mountmellick is probably no higher than any other town of its size.

Didn’t hear of the Limerick thing but I’m from Dublin myself and heard of a few Dublin gangs moving to Portlaoise alright, can’t really see it affecting me though, I’m 31 with two young kids so don’t really get out much, just keep myself to myself. I’ll probably give it a year or two and if I don’t like it move on.

good stuff. hope it works out. thats great value. they will hardly go much lower than that. best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Joeyirish108

Hi I am looking at buying an apartment in college view can you let me know what it's like to live round there I from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Joey,

my advice to you would be to google "College Avenue" Mountmellick and read every link. Plenty of news stories about College Avenue unfortunately. Has had quite a bit of trouble over the last few years. Make sure you're getting the place at a VERY keen price.

Best of luck to you. A nice town, Mountmellick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement