Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want To Go To The US of A

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 duck_77

I was about to mention this - not sure the A Visa will suit your needs given your original post OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

duck_77 wrote: »
    I was about to mention this - not sure the A Visa will suit your needs given your original post OP

I know i know, i wanted to stay in west hollywood but it's not going to be possible as the job is in SanFran, 5-6 hour commute ain't gonna happen haha. But i can still go on the off time :D

As long as i like the job its plain sailing, just glad its west coast like i said i wanted at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I know i know, i wanted to stay in west hollywood but it's not going to be possible as the job is in SanFran, 5-6 hour commute ain't gonna happen haha. But i can still go on the off time :D

As long as i like the job its plain sailing, just glad its west coast like i said i wanted at the start.

Since this is all happening in your imagination surely the commute can be as long as you like?

PS - since apparently you are a close relative of a prominent diplomat stationed in the USA (the only way to get an A visa) then how come you had to post on boards.ie asking for info about getting into the USA in the first place? Surely your supposed relative would have been able to tell you all about this, no?

You really don't have much going on in your life do you?

Since this is all happening in your imagination surely the commute can be as long as you like?

PS - since apparently you are a close relative of a prominent diplomat stationed in the USA (the only way to get an A visa) then how come you had to post on boards.ie asking for info about getting into the USA in the first place? Surely your supposed relative would have been able to tell you all about this, no?

You really don't have much going on in your life do you?

You look back at the posts and i already said i had people willing to get me over. I wanted to see what people have done to get an idea of how people got where they are as i had no clue, whats wrong with a little feedback, again if you look i hadn't a clue and this is a last minute thing. I said i need to look into it further, I've been given this handed to me on a plate and i'm taking it, Oh and as someone said above about congrats, It's not a family member.

You sir need to get out and live a little and take a break from the web. Your the guy i hope i never meet, and hopefully i won't have to represent you in my job ;)

Now good day to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Also, applicants travelling to the U.S. on official government business:

•Officials of Foreign Governments, A-1 and A-2 visas
    •Accredited Foreign Government officials in transit, C-3 visa
    •International Organization, G-1, G-2, G-3, and G4 visas
    •NATO representatives officials and employees, N visas

Are you going working in the government. How about helping me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

You realize that if it isn't a family member, you could be getting your connection in a lot of trouble.....if it isn't a family member, then you must be taking employment at a consulate office in the States.....and if your contact is just giving you a job because you said to want to live in the US...then he is risking his job by doing so.

And as I previously stated, the A visa will only allow you to work for the Irish government in the US, and it will not lead to permanent residency, and you won't be able to find a job with a company in the US and then stay here.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just making sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

You look back at the posts and i already said i had people willing to get me over.

Nope, you claimed above that you knew people working in BUSINESS in New York. Now you claim to be getting an A visa but are not an immediate relative of the person sponsoring you? And this person has managed to secure you a visa - which requires a consular interview - in barely two weeks. And since the only jobs such people can hire people to do are either domestic service or being a courier for them they are basically committing fraud in order to get you in to the USA, thus risking their entire careers.

Sounds plausible.

You are an unmitigated charlatan who ought to be banned for time wasting.

You realize that if it isn't a family member, you could be getting your connection in a lot of trouble.....if it isn't a family member, then you must be taking employment at a consulate office in the States.....and if your contact is just giving you a job because you said to want to live in the US...then he is risking his job by doing so.

And as I previously stated, the A visa will only allow you to work for the Irish government in the US, and it will not lead to permanent residency, and you won't be able to find a job with a company in the US and then stay here.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just making sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

I have been given a job here in Ireland from a family member which makes me eligible for the A-1 visa, contacts were made for me to go to where i'm going to work for the Irish Consulate in SF, it's not what i want to do, it's not where i want to be.

I won't be permanent i can't get another job. But if i like what i'm doing i get to stay for as long as the job is on offer. If it works out i can continue as is if not i come home.

Again its not what i want and i'd love one day to be able to stay as a resident, but if this is the only way then i'm happy.

I've been told everything by the embassy here in Dublin. I know what i'm getting into. It's rushed but it's a chance that has to be taken. Its an experience i want to experience. Fly out of Dublin Aug 27th.

I have been given a job here in Ireland from a family member which makes me eligible for the A-1 visa, contacts were made for me to go to where i'm going to work for the Irish Consulate in SF, it's not what i want to do, it's not where i want to be.

I won't be permanent i can't get another job. But if i like what i'm doing i get to stay for as long as the job is on offer. If it works out i can continue as is if not i come home.

Again its not what i want and i'd love one day to be able to stay as a resident, but if this is the only way then i'm happy.

I've been told everything by the embassy here in Dublin. I know what i'm getting into. It's rushed but it's a chance that has to be taken. Its an experience i want to experience. Fly out of Dublin Aug 27th.

If what you say above is true you have just outed yourself publicly for illegally gaming the system. Employees of Irish government agencies such as our Consulate in San Francisco are not allowed to hire gob****es on the public purse as a "favor" to your family member - thus they will have broken Irish Law and could fully expect to be fired from their job if what you claim above is true.

Further, you have almost certainly broken American Law in your supposed visa application since the kind of people that can be granted visas to consulates on A-3 visas are extremely limited - this visa program is not intented for charlatans like you and again by telling us exactly where you are supposedly going to be working and when you are flying out etc you have exposed yourself here.

Not that I believe ANYTHING you have written above in any case since you have the grammar and diction of a sixteen year old and don't come across as the type anyone would be willing to risk their diplomatic career in order to get into the USA for a few months. And I know for a fact that these thing can NOT be arranged in a matter of weeks - a close friend worked for the embassy in Washington for years and often helped people out with such matters.

Good luck indeed.

If what you say above is true you have just outed yourself publicly for illegally gaming the system. Employees of Irish government agencies such as our Consulate in San Francisco are not allowed to hire gob****es on the public purse as a "favor" to your family member - thus they will have broken Irish Law and could fully expect to be fired from their job if what you claim above is true.

Further, you have almost certainly broken American Law in your supposed visa application since the kind of people that can be granted visas to consulates on A-3 visas are extremely limited - this visa program is not intented for charlatans like you and again by telling us exactly where you are supposedly going to be working and when you are flying out etc you have exposed yourself here.

Not that I believe ANYTHING you have written above in any case since you have the grammar and diction of a sixteen year old and don't come across as the type anyone would be willing to risk their diplomatic career in order to get into the USA for a few months. And I know for a fact that these thing can NOT be arranged in a matter of weeks - a close friend worked for the embassy in Washington for years and often helped people out with such matters.

Good luck indeed.

Bitter man indeed, funny how you just don't get it, ITS DONE, but it's all good.

You have friends in Washington, so its all good for you but anyone else is wrong and it cant be done. i can just tell you your full of shít myself. its easy isn't it. SEE.

I think your the one acting like a 16 year old here. There's a big difference between a person in real life and an internet poster. So your 16 year old shíte you can drop.

I'll look forward to you reporting me and all involved to the proper authorities. No point posting anymore as your on the ignore list so i won't see it. Also looking forward to when your on the net looking for help and get abused. Hope all works out for you.

Drop in to SF sometime. I'll buy you a beer.

Best Regards.

Bitter Bitter Old Man. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Making it easy for the Boards.ie Moderators to rack up their banning quota.

Let me help you with that.

Post reported.

MadsL wrote: »
    Let me help you with that.

Post reported.

Thats for After Hours only ;)

Lock it up indeed so paul can get back to playing his World Of Warcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This thread is great. It's like a cross between Mission Impossible, Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery, and fairy tale story time on Jackanory.

What's next? The OP has a "relation" who's a Jedi Knight, and he got his visa thru the subtle and cunning use of the Jedi Mind trick? Hope you get a purple light sabre OP. It will go down a treat in San Francisco. Best of luck to you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

seachto7 wrote: »
    You'll never be able to get a driver's licence or health insurance.

That's not true at all.

With all of the Mexicans that have been filing over the borders (and stayed), many states are allowing them drivers licenses in order to purchase insurance on their vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

That's not true at all.

With all of the Mexicans that have been filing over the borders (and stayed), many states are allowing them drivers licenses in order to purchase insurance on their vehicles.

Some states.....most, some still require proof of status before issuing an ID

Thats for After Hours only ;)

Yeah, you see how your lack of attention to detail gets you in these spots.

Mystery solved. Would that be an A-nal visa? Business in SF you said, no?
    If i let an american Anally Haze me, can i get a Visa?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

I always thought cronyism in the public service is/was illegal?

I presume the Ombudsman (?) or Dept. of Foreign Affairs (http://www.consulateofirelandsanfrancisco.org/home/index.aspx?id=356390 would be interested in this family favour. Our tax should be spent on the best person for the job, not because of family connections. If the OP aint the most qualified for the job and was got through winks and nods it smells of corruption.

Well at least on an A visa you cant get permanent residency/citizenship I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** thread closed. Do NOT re-open this thread *****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement