Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog warden

Options
  • 25-06-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

was wondering if they check houses randomly or after they got a call?

im living bit away from the road, so its very unusual someone would find the way up.
    also he knew how many i have?
    very curious (have the license tho, do i have to call back or something?)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Ring the co council head office and check if they had anyone out that way(ie clon in west cork),if they had not tell the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

why calling the guards then? do i have to be careful/afraid? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

They come out our way usually checking up after sheep have been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

they note he/she left was that the visit was for to check the license.
    nothing happened, my dogs are well behaved, i think someone called them to check on me as not many would know that there is dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

celica00 wrote: »
    they note he/she left was that the visit was for to check the license.
    nothing happened, my dogs are well behaved, i think someone called them to check on me as not many would know that there is dogs

I had a note (red paper) like that a couple of months ago, but I don't have a dog. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

celica00 wrote: »
    why calling the guards then? do i have to be careful/afraid? :(
    No, we find down here that it is good practice to tell the guards if there are strangers in very rural parts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

We normally have a man who calls every two years to check Dog liences. We do not have a dog but I know he calls to all houses in the estate.

Advertisement