Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoos questions

Options
  • 25-06-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Hi, I finally booked in for my very first tattoo next week. I'm going getting the deathly hallows symbol tattooed on my ribcage. I was a bit nervous booking the appointment but since then, I'm very excited to get inked :D:P

I was just wondering is there any things that I can do to lessen the inevitable pain I'm going to experience next week and is there anything I should be aware of before going in before the session next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I believe I was the one that took your deposit today :)

There's nothing you can do to lessen the pain tbh. Just have eaten a good meal within the 4 hours before getting it done. Maybe bring an energy drink or some sweets to chew on to keep your blood sugars up. No alcohol the night before.

Everything will be okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Haha, it sure is a small world :D Perfect, that's what I thought I should do, having read this forum from top to bottom. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Don't be afraid to ask any questions in the shop either, they're more than happy to answer them :)

Adiboo wrote: »
    Don't be afraid to ask any questions in the shop either, they're more than happy to answer them :)

Working up the balls to actually book it was enough for today! I'll be overky eager next week so be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I'm going getting the deathly hallows symbol tattooed on my ribcage.

As in Harry Potter?

• Advertisement

Marsden wrote: »
    As in Harry Potter?

Yes.
    tumblr_m9h7ip17XC1rvz45vo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Adiboo wrote: »
    I believe I was the one that took your deposit today :)

There's nothing you can do to lessen the pain tbh. Just have eaten a good meal within the 4 hours before getting it done. Maybe bring an energy drink or some sweets to chew on to keep your blood sugars up. No alcohol the night before.

Everything will be okay :)

I was always told as well that you shouldn't take painkillers in advance, especially aspirin as it thins the blood just like alcohol does! :) Best of luck, it'll be a very pretty tattoo and there's quite a few potter tattoos in the artwork thread above!

Advertisement