Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel home/outside of Canada while on an IEC

Options
  • 25-06-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm very sorry if this is a silly question, but, I arrived in Canada yesterday, and I noticed when I got home that the bottom of my visa says 'This does not authorise re-entry'. I was just wondering does this mean that if I leave the visa becomes invalid and that I can't come back in?

Or does it just mean that re-entry is not guaranteed?

I was just wondering if anyone who was on here on an IEC previously travelled home or to the States? Did you have any problems?

I just didn't want to head across the border into the States then find I'd bother getting back in.

Or if you don't know do you have any ideas who I should ask about this?

I suspect it's fine and that I'm just over-reacting, being a 2 year visa I'm sure they expect that one would go home at least once!!

Thanks a mill! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That's not your visa, that's your work permit. Your Visa is the stamp in your passport. You can come and go as you please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

It means you're not guaranteed entry but it's no issue. Our group left a few times and returned with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

That means that the document alone will not allow you to re-enter Canada if you leave. You must also have a valid passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Thanks everyone, I knew I was being overly panicky!! No harm in being sure though! :-)

Thanks again! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

Hi guys!

I entered Canada last may on my IEC and I had no problems..

I am just wondering about reentering next week..Perhaps somebody can help me.

When you reenter, do you have to enter as a resident or something? I remember being told something like that last year..

if you have two flights within Canada, do you go through immigration at the first airport or the last one?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I arrived last August and went home for 10 days in feb and I was so nervous in the Q for immigration but it was fine! The fella stamped the back of my work permit instead of the page in my passport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

REXY2020 wrote: »
    do you need proof of funds or proof of insurance again while re entering? and do you need to get a new sin?

No you just need your passport & the piece of paper that's stapled in it. Your sin number is the same as your PPS number so once you have it it's yours until it expires!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

It doesn't matter if you haven't been back for eight months then as you visa is within the two years?

Advertisement