Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole Office Overview

Options
  • 25-06-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

What's it like down there these days lads, is it mental, queues out the door or what.

I may have to visit this place in a few months time for the last time in my life thank god, not that I have had any bad experience there in the past I must say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

There are queues most of the time but since they brought in the new system they move a lot quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yeah its a big improvement since they opened more hatches and now have electronic pens now too.We wont have to sign now for two months because of training?

In fairness its not like what was discussed on LiveLine yesterday with the attitude of staff, I have never had any hostility from the staff in there to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Yeah, I find the staff in the Waterford office very helpful always.

It is better to go when it isn't a signing day, ie not Tues or Weds and it will be a lot quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

have they implemented signing on by text message notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

I get a text the day before to remind me about signing on but thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

they hav sorted out the ques for the new cards anyway , it does take a while for that facial recognition software to process your image for the new card.......

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

the only thing with the new signing system is the way the new queue works,,,you have to pass the same people around 4 times before you sign and its fairly degrading and uncomfortable imo and i can see the system being scraped in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

I wouldn't really call it degrading, it's just a queue.... Gets everything done faster and much more efficiently, so it has my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Despot Dan

Can anyone tell me what's involved for the self-employed signing on there ?

Despot Dan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what's involved for the self-employed signing on there ?

Making application for Job Seekers Allowance and being means tested I guess.

Anyone know if apply on line facility is operating in Waterford office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

A woman on a hatch in the Waterford Office on the Cork road I was signing at about two years ago, pulled down the curtain as I was approaching........I politely tapped the glass and asked could she take my claim, she shouted back go away....and come back after dinner, i'm going for my lunch. Good manners really do cost nothing, and they should have been included in Croke Park Two:D

Is the new claims section for Job Seekers still up at the top, with its own ticketing system or has this changed.

What will happen when I apply for jobseeker’s supports for the first time at an Intreo Centre?

You should call to our reception area to make an appointment. Our team will give you the application form, make an appointment for you and tell you what documents you need to bring along to your appointment.

Have to sign on in January to make a new claim for Job Seekers, so anyone know whats the story now.

I have my form filled out and have all the supporting documents.

1. Can I still call in, take a ticket, and then wait to be called for someone to look over my form and documents.

or

2. Do I have to queue up to make an appointment to be seen later.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Have to sign on in January to make a new claim for Job Seekers, so anyone know whats the story now.

I have my form filled out and have all the supporting documents.

1. Can I still call in, take a ticket, and then wait to be called for someone to look over my form and documents.

or

2. Do I have to queue up to make an appointment to be seen later.

From my own recent experience you have to cue to make an appointment, I got an appointment just over two weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I had documents with me and they didn't even look at them the first day.
    Have to say it was all very well organised though, went in first on a Monday, got an appointment for that Thursday and had my first payment the following Wednesday!

Advertisement