Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon Cinemas Waterford Increase bargain Wednesdays to 6 euro

Options
  • 25-06-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I know in the greater scheme of things this really doesn't matter much if at all to anyone, but if your interested Odeon Cinemas are increasing Bargain Wednesday to 6 euro.

Why should I give a flying pile says everyone, well because its happening In Waterford only, the rest of the chain seems to be able to operate quite happily and provide the same level of service at 5 euro.

So if youd head over to there facebook page and post just a sentence or 2 asking why are they doing this etc etc it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Shin

https://www.facebook.com/ODEONCinemasIreland?hc_location=stream

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'd seen that it was increasing to €6 a few weeks ago and it didn't really phase me, only €1 in the difference.

But I didn't know that it was only going to happen in Waterford. Seems a bit strange. Is the Waterford cinema making substantially less than all the rest or something?

I'm not really in the mood for a witch hunt though.....

People are still going to pay it anyway. The idea of them threatening to boycott the cinema because their discounted ticket day is €1 more than it used to be is completely laughable. They were still going to the cinema before the €5 deal was introduced and they'll still go now that it's €6. Although I would like to know exactly what in their "price portfolio" had them increasing the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I'd seen that it was increasing to €6 a few weeks ago and it didn't really phase me, only €1 in the difference.

But I didn't know that it was only going to happen in Waterford. Seems a bit strange. Is the Waterford cinema making substantially less than all the rest or something?

I'm not really in the mood for a witch hunt though.....

People are still going to pay it anyway. The idea of them threatening to boycott the cinema because their discounted ticket day is €1 more than it used to be is completely laughable. They were still going to the cinema before the €5 deal was introduced and they'll still go now that it's €6. Although I would like to know exactly what in their "price portfolio" had them increasing the price.

Ah its not really a witch hunt people are just asking them why its more expensive in Waterford then the rest of the chain your not getiing anything different, plus if you don't ask you don't get answers and your right people will still go tbh, just I suppose im getting more and more p'oed with these little sneaky changes to things when all it is is greed.

Shin

To quote the "Waterford Jobs" Facebook Page who is going mad about it. (Not affiliated with the fantastic twitter account).

https://www.facebook.com/waterford.jobs
    Bombarade Their page to return Bargain Wednesday to 5 euro
    Please Please everyone post on their page about unfair this is . Abusing the Loyal Waterford Customers is not on.

And everyone is rightly telling them how stupid the rant is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

To quote the "Waterford Jobs" Facebook Page who is going mad about it. (Not affiliated with the fantastic twitter account).

https://www.facebook.com/waterford.jobs

And everyone is rightly telling them how stupid the rant is.

The facebook and twitter pages are run by two completely different people.
    I happen to think the Twitter one is excellent but the facebook is shocking.

Twitter page is a godsend, Facebook page looks like it's run by a teenager with a bad grasp on business.

• Advertisement

Twitter page is a godsend, Facebook page looks like it's run by a teenager with a bad grasp on business.

Ive given up commenting on the status - Im off to Tesco to complain about the price of Tayto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

My god is this the level of complaining people have got to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i have to laugh at someone on the facebook page saying there going to dungarvan cinema instead now cause they have to pay an extra E1.

Not allowed comment on anything here about prices etc but i just hope mods keep on eye on this thread

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i have to laugh at someone on the facebook page saying there going to dungarvan cinema instead now cause they have to pay an extra E1.

Not allowed comment on anything here about prices etc but i just hope mods keep on eye on this thread

See how far €1 petrol gets them :)

I'd rather stick me head in the oven at 180, for 12 minutes, than pay to go to the cinema. Bargain Wednesday, or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd rather stick me head in the oven at 180, for 12 minutes, than pay to go to the cinema. Bargain Wednesday, or not.

12 mins wouldn't even cook oven chips, anyone could do that, at least make it 25 mins for a real challenge :D

Ah it's ok I didn't expect much support for this, but sure had to try

Shin

For someone who was apparently so interested in the welfare and going ons of Waterford its shocking to see he didnt know who Billy McCarthy was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Might only be a euro increase but that's still a 20% increase which seems steep. Not quite up there with the 100% overnight increase on penny jellies back in the day but still harsh nonetheless.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Might only be a euro increase but that's still a 20% increase which seems steep. Not quite up there with the 100% overnight increase on penny jellies back in the day but still harsh nonetheless.

That's the point I was trying to make, your getting nothing extra for this and its only happening in Odeon Waterford, its an arbitrary increase for nothing basically

Shin

And people seem to be ignoring the fact that this is still cheaper than a normal ticket as it is. It's an entire day where you can get a cinema ticket cheaper than usual. They could easily just revoke the entire deal at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They could easily just revoke the entire deal at any time.

No, they'd only remove it if they felt an alternative pricing policy would make more money. This promotion makes the cinema money, more money than they'd make if they didn't run it!

Its till a 20% increase for Waterford only, the rest of the group seems perfectly able to operate this discount at the 5 euro rate.

Shin

Dominos Waterford also have less offers than the likes of Kilkenny and Wexford. I often hear on the radio about the promotions and stuff there, which never seem to end up in the Waterford store.

shinzon wrote: »
    Its till a 20% increase for Waterford only, the rest of the group seems perfectly able to operate this discount at the 5 euro rate.

Shin

Its a euro..... still 3.95 cheaper than any other day. Build a bridge......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Its a euro..... still 3.95 cheaper than any other day. Build a bridge......:rolleyes:

Why is it people continually post in threads that they have no inclination to contribute to except to take the piss out of and do rolleyes on.

I don't care that its 6 euro tbh it could be a 1000 euro for all I care, im highlighting the fact that there has been an arbitrary decision to increase the price from 5 to 6 euro whilst the pricing in the rest of the group remains the same for the same thing.

I really should know better I guess at this stage. mods feel free to close this as its going nowhere

cheers

shin

Why is it people continually post in threads that they have no inclination to contribute to except to take the piss out of and do rolleyes on.

I don't care that its 6 euro tbh it could be a 1000 euro for all I care, im highlighting the fact that there has been an arbitrary decision to increase the price from 5 to 6 euro whilst the pricing in the rest of the group remains the same for the same thing.

I really should know better I guess at this stage. mods feel free to close this as its going nowhere

cheers

shin

You posted a thread for the idea that it is open to opinions - Theres my opinion.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I noticed this when I went to The Hangover a few weeks ago. I haven't been to the cinema since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amandams

PTH2009 wrote: »

Just for the record I made the above comment in regards to dungarvan ..I would like to say it is nothing to do with 1 euro its the principle of the matter ..I go to the cinema a lot and not always on a wednesday .So it doesn't really matter to me if its 5 or 10 euros .If they want to make it 6 well fine but make it 6 for all their cinemas ..and so be it. I can spend my money where and when I want and if its petrol to dungarvan well its petrol for dungarvan if anyone wants a lift let me know ...have a nice day :pac: ohh yeah and for the people only interested in trying to get a rise out of people.I won't be making any more remarks in regards to this issue .

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Why set up a profile to respond to somebody then say you wont be responding again?I think people are giving out and arguing for the sake of it at this stage

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Why set up a profile to respond to somebody then say you wont be responding again?I think people are giving out and arguing for the sake of it at this stage

Im just responding to say I wont be responding to any requested responses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I know in the greater scheme of things this really doesn't matter much if at all to anyone, but if your interested Odeon Cinemas are increasing Bargain Wednesday to 6 euro.

Why should I give a flying pile says everyone, well because its happening In Waterford only, the rest of the chain seems to be able to operate quite happily and provide the same level of service at 5 euro.

So if youd head over to there facebook page and post just a sentence or 2 asking why are they doing this etc etc it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Shin

https://www.facebook.com/ODEONCinemasIreland?hc_location=stream

€6 is great value and from what i here the demand is there.

Max Powers wrote: »
    €6 is great value and from what i here the demand is there.

picard_facepalm_zps0d807a10.jpg

I give up I really do if everyones happy about paying more then everyone else in the odeon group for the same thing that's your own business

Shin

picard_facepalm_zps0d807a10.jpg

I give up I really do if everyones happy about paying more then everyone else in the odeon group for the same thing that's your own business

Shin

You got less joy here than Facebook but worth a try I suppose.....

• Advertisement

You got less joy here than Facebook but worth a try I suppose.....

Waterford Jobs isn't my page I got the info from there alright but no that isnt me

Shin

Advertisement