Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Course - UCC Law

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am aware there are 5 places on the UCC CK301 Law course for students presenting one of 3 FETAC awards (Business Administration, Business Studies, Legal Studies) with distinctions in at least 5 modules and Business Law, Communications & Legal Studies have to be 3 of them.

I'm starting a PLC course in Office Administration which offers all modules required to achieve the full Business Studies award bar 4. My Question is: If I complete those other 4 modules in the same year via distance learning will I still qualify for the full Business Studies award and therefore in with a chance of being accepted on the Law course?

Does anyone know if this is possible, would I have to contact FETAC and say I know i've completed the Office Administration award but I also have the modules completed that mean I would be entitled to a Business Studies award and would they pass this information onto UCC.

Any info would be greatly appreciated - I hope I've explained it clearly enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

I think that you need to get all modules for the major award in one sitting in order to be eligible to apply to UCC. You could verify this by checking the CAO website.

In terms of completing the additional modules via distance learning, it could be problematic completing modules in two different centres at the same time. I seem to remember this issue coming up and it simply wasn't possible. I'm not 100% sure though.

I suggest you either find a course which offers all modules needed for a major award or get onto FETAC directly and ask them. Best of luck!

Advertisement