Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redcove inn

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

anyone hear the rumours the pub is closing down next wednesday due to not being able to get insurance over claims in against it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Pubs like that will always stay open, even if it closes, it'll be back soon enough. That place is a gold mine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Wouldn't care if the whole Mahon area was nuked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

confirmed as gone..and it used be a goldmine...but has lost aloot of business lately.never bes busy no more..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

becost wrote: »
    Wouldn't care if the whole Mahon area was nuked :D

Very nice of you. I'm sure you're a perfectly pleasant person. :)

ya on the nuking of mahon..just cause theres a certain eliment of trouble there doesnt mean theres not alot of really nice people there to...

• Advertisement

ya on the nuking of mahon..just cause theres a certain eliment of trouble there doesnt mean theres not alot of really nice people there to...

Era, there's always the Lakelands.

thats gone in a month haha

Very nice of you. I'm sure you're a perfectly pleasant person. :)

I lived there a long time ago and was glad to see the back of it (almost 30 years ago and at that time it was known as Viet Mahon :pac:). Maybe it's progressed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Surely both The Red Covd and The Lakelands won't close at the same time

lakelands ment be closing within a month.not to sure why could have someting to do with the lease.and redcove has to go over the insurance.so no pubs in mahon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

lakelands ment be closing within a month.not to sure why could have someting to do with the lease.and redcove has to go over the insurance.so no pubs in mahon

Has there been alot of claims gone in against it?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Has there been alot of claims gone in against it?

The same dumb asses that are putting in all of these claims will be complaining about having no pub in Mahon. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

All types of wrong that vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TBF both pubs have had a lot of trouble linked to them over the years.

No matter who or what replaces both of them, there'll always be that element present that will cause problems for the new owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

in all fairness i never had any bother down there always a great nightout,,,,darts,,,pool and so on,,had more trouble in town tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

lakelands is in recievership and has been leased by the recievers since march 2010 for 4yrs and 11 mths. Meaning lease ends feb 2015.

Maybe the rent at 52k per year and overheads are to high to cover costs in the current climate.

not sure just a rumour flying around.the lakelands seems very busy although alot of the redcoves regulars wouldnt drink there over the travellers that drink there

the travellers that drink there

usually a sign the publican is financially under pressure and closure is on the way. he accepts any ones money.

there drinking there for the last year at least.there from mahon and not really been any trouble with them up there

• Advertisement

im not from there or live there. its just a friend of mine was thinking of buying it about a year ago. but as far as I know the lad that leases the pub at present is in financial trouble. he had a lease on a few other pubs, that went belly up in the last year or two.

ya i seen his other pub went alright.will be wierd with no pubs in mahon

they wont stay closed to long. closed building produce no rent. price is right investers INVEST.

suppose but ray owns the redcove so hel havta sell.sundays the last day hes throwing a bbq trying get everyone in to drink up d drink ha ha

if he has to sell , he must be in a worse situation financially than the lad john that leases the other one. i suppose that tells a tail in its self.

more like 3. not 1

no hed have to sell as he cant get insured to keep it open as a pub.

no hed have to sell as he cant get insured to keep it open as a pub.

im not doubting you. but insurance is a taxable expense and you cant be refused insurance if you already held a policy. (financial regulator looks after this).

people like you to hear what they want you to hear. NE, taxs, debts are not one. nobody wants to be seen as a failure in business.

no such thing as a failure , really. because if you didnt try , you wont succeed. you get my giss about the reason for closure.

usually a sign the publican is financially under pressure and closure is on the way. he accepts any ones money.

Or that he wants the bar smashed up so he can claim on the insurance. :D

• Advertisement

well seems some insurance companys had a change of heart and insured the redcove.rumours it cost 45k but the pub aint closing

Advertisement