Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety catches for windows

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I was just wondering is there any safety devices you could fit to windows?

Our upstairs windows have no locks and I'm afraid our toddler might try and jump out some nite. There was a recent storey in the Cork area of a 2 year old jumping out a window, which got me thinking.

If anyone could advise of what would be suitable I would appreciate it ?

Thanks
    Barr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

I was just wondering is there any safety devices you could fit to windows?

Our upstairs windows have no locks and I'm afraid our toddler might try and jump out some nite. There was a recent storey in the Cork area of a 2 year old jumping out a window, which got me thinking.

If anyone could advise of what would be suitable I would appreciate it ?

Thanks
    Barr

We have these on all our windows and find them very good: http://www.jackloc.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

We have these on all our windows and find them very good: http://www.jackloc.com/

Can you fit them yourself or do you have to let the company install them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

you cam buy them
    in woodies And fit them yrself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Is it unusual that there are no locks fitted to upstairs windows. Is it a fire safety thing or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have a chain lock on the kids rooms.we have wooden windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Just to update on this. Phoned Woodies in Cork. The only locks they had are suitable for wooden windows. As mine are PVC they were no use. I then had a brainwave to swap the downstairs handles (which came with locks) with the upstairs . Now problem solved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I will be getting those locks today, they seem much safer than the locks I have. Thank OP.

Advertisement