Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities that collect clothes

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Does anyone know of any charities that will collect unwanted clothes in good condition in the Dublin south city area. I have asked Focus Ireland and SVP and no one will come to collect. Very surprised as from media reports I thought they would welcome all donations. Would be grateful for any information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did you give Oxfam a shout? Almost certain, they do collections

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Marb001

No, hadnt contacted them, will contact them tomorrow, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There is one of their shops in Francis Street, D8, not too far away from St.Patrick's Cathedral :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Age Action Ireland take clothes and they're based in Camden Street.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We had a van from Simon Community (homeless charity) collect stuff when we had a small collection in work.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

There's SVP shops on Aungier Street, in Rathmines and Terenure. If you can bring them to the shop they are then brought to head office for sorting. I don't think the Society does collections anymore because you'd be depending on volunteer resources and availability. You could *try* your local conference. They might have a member that would be going in and could take them to head office for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Marb001

Thanks for the suggestions. Have been in touch with the Simon Community who will get driver to call to arrange collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Bag them up and drop them into one of the shops if you are not getting collections in your area. Believe enable do collections in some area. Ignore the cash for clothes places. I was stuck for cash last month. brought in a huge sack of clothes 6 heavy winter coats some hoodies, tees jeans etc. Got €3.25 for my trouble. I used to volunteer in on of the charity shops. We always had people dropping in, in person with their old clothes.

Advertisement