Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yogie dog yougurts

• 25-06-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Got samples for above in mallw show on saturday

My dog loved them and it kept her quiet for a good 30 mins

The owner said he had got them into supervalu but didnt know when they would be in shops

Any1 seen these?

Woud be nice to know when i can get them n super valu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Specialun wrote: »
    Got samples for above in mallw show on saturday

My dog loved them and it kept her quiet for a good 30 mins

The owner said he had got them into supervalu but didnt know when they would be in shops

Any1 seen these?

Woud be nice to know when i can get them n super valu

You can easily make your own. I've just made up a batch of sardine ice lollies for my dogs. Mashed sardines mixed with water and poured into old yogurt cartons. Natural yogurt would be a good addition too, you can make them with pretty much anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My lot love the Yogies, they've been around for a few years now, but not always the easiest thing to find, great if they are going into supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

My fella loves the yogies too, only got them from the owner at a networking event once but yes pet store in Athlone soon to have them and Supervalu too. Great news to see them out in shops! Fred really lets his ears back and it keeps him quiet for a few mins - win win!! Prob better for smaller dogs though. Fred's big sloppy tongue melts it in minutes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leadersway

Yogies are available now in Supervalues around Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks they're a bit of a rip off?! €5 for 4 yogurts...a 500ml of natural yogurt in Aldi is 55c! Throw in some mashed banana/squeeze of honey/spoon of peanut butter and job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

tk123 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks they're a bit of a rip off?! €5 for 4 yogurts...a 500ml of natural yogurt in Aldi is 55c! Throw in some mashed banana/squeeze of honey/spoon of peanut butter and job done.

Are they that dear? I didn't think they were, I thought they were around 50c each? I wouldn't pay €5 for 4, I've made my own for my lot, yogurt, manuka honey, peanut butter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

muddypaws wrote: »
    Are they that dear? I didn't think they were, I thought they were around 50c each? I wouldn't pay €5 for 4, I've made my own for my lot, yogurt, manuka honey, peanut butter :D

Maybe they're cheaper from super value? I bought them once then started getting kids yogurts in Aldi instead but they stopped selling them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

I bought them during the summer and thought they were way too expensive. They're very small too. I make my own in chinese take away tubs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Havent seen these Yogies... are they frozen yoghurts?

Heres a recipe to make your own - fraction of the price:

32oz or any big pot of Plain Yoghurt
    1 cup peanut butter
    'Old' yoghurt pots or cupcake papers (or any container)
    Chopped banana (or any treat you dog likes) - Optional

Put peanut butter in bowl. Microwave to soften - watch it doesnt burn
    Mix the yoghurt with the peanut butter (and anything else you want to add) Pour into the pots/cupcake papers/containers - pop in freezer.

Advertisement