Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No power in grant euroflame boiler

• 25-06-2013 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

I have an indoor oil boiler - grant euroflame 50 90 - which works fine most of the time but occasionally (like tonight) it will not switch on. The timer switch light (on the wall) is on but there seems to be no power in the boiler itself. The red light on the burner is not on either to try and kick start it. It's strange cause this has happened a few times but always comes back ok, usually the next day. Even stranger it seems to be in the evenings it won't switch on and is ok in the mornings if that makes any sense?? I've pressed the little reset button too but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Is the timeclock switched live to the boiler wired through a room stat?
    Is there power reaching the boiler?

You will most likely need a call out to determine with test equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

Thanks for the reply, I figured it would prob need a call out as I am clueless anyway with anything other than bleeding them. There doesn't seem to be power reaching the boiler when it acts up (that seems to be the problem) but as I say it will probably be fine the next morning and working again. I'm not sure about the timeclock - its located directly beside the unit for the boiler and room stat is out in the hallway.

Could be a stat issue but it would have to be tested with a multimeter to determine.

Try turning stat fully up & listen for click. It could also be a boiler stat issue. It will depend on where the power is getting to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

OK that worked really well!! There's a stat in the hallway upstairs and downstairs. I turned them both up and down a few times, they click at about 20 degrees, and boiler kicked off! Tried turning off and on again at the timeswitch and seems ok! Was it my stupidity or do you think there might be a fault on the stats? Either way thanks very much for your help..

They could well be faulty or if wired without a neutral, they will have a reaction inaccuracy of approx 6C. Very simple to sort though even if no neutral & you won't have to wire in a neutral either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement