Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geforce 8800 GTS 512 problems?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

http://gyazo.com/9aea4bfc4064c217f6a7e4886eb65e52

So it happened twice today when I tried to play FM13. Got the blue screen as well, everything has worked fine up until now. On booting, it's not a black screen I have. It's like grey lines through it. It boots up but as you can see I don't think the driver is running as my screen resolution is all weird, tried changing it and yeah.. please help. I uninstalled the drivers for it and reinstalled but nothing.. any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Lamposts wrote: »
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

http://gyazo.com/9aea4bfc4064c217f6a7e4886eb65e52

So it happened twice today when I tried to play FM13. Got the blue screen as well, everything has worked fine up until now. On booting, it's not a black screen I have. It's like grey lines through it. It boots up but as you can see I don't think the driver is running as my screen resolution is all weird, tried changing it and yeah.. please help. I uninstalled the drivers for it and reinstalled but nothing.. any ideas?

All these Nvidia 8xxx series cards are defective, see here. Unfortunately I reckon your video card is on it's last legs and will fail shortly. Is it a desktop or a laptop?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

It's a desktop mate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Lamposts wrote: »
    It's a desktop mate.

Lucky :) , desktop video cards are easily replaced, you probably have a PCIexpress cards at present so you have plenty of options to replace the card with :) . Keep an eye on it but if it keeps persisting with crashing then it's probably worth replacing.
    Also I would recommend removing the card, giving the fan a few blasts of compressed air to remove the dust and also make sure when the machine is on the fan is spinning on the graphics card. The card would look something like this

Nick

Just did it there, not much dust in the fan. It's spinning away fine, so I just need to replace the graphics card and it's all fixed again? Any suggestions on what card to get? Looking for something cheap but that can also do the job of playing most of the games my current one can. When I hit the card on device manager, it just says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Asustek P5n32-e sli motherboar
    Geforce 8800 GTS 512
    Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2x2GB)
    HDD maxstor 7200rpm 500GB
    700w psu

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

For the lulz:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭mcw92

This happened me with my 8800 GT, i bought a GTX 260 on adverts for around 70€(2-3 years ago take it), and worked fine then. Had to upgrade the PSU too though to handle the extra power.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I have the same card, 384MB of ram just lying around. You're welcome to it if you want it.

Khannie wrote: »
    I have the same card, 384MB of ram just lying around. You're welcome to it if you want it.

Ah cheers mate, that would be great. Are you living in Cork yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sure we can sort it by PM. :)

Advertisement