Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog attack...

• 25-06-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was walking my dog on one of the usual roads we go. In the last few weeks there have been two terriers living near the end of the road, a small ginger one and a medium size black and tan one. Now the last couple of times, maybe 3 times, the 2 dogs have come out onto the road and growled at us. Each time, the black and tan dog has gotten more brave, coming closer and trying to bite my dog. The last time i had to try and kick the dog away because he kept lunging at the back legs of my dog and following us back the way we came. Eventually a car passed and beeped and scared them back. Now today I had no intention of going too close to the entrance of their house and was about to turn around when I saw them speeding up the road towards us, i literally i had no time to do anything, i thought they would stop because they always seemed to stop at a certain point but no they kept coming and the black and tan grabbed my dog's back leg, pulled and held on for a few seconds. My dog yelped and turned around towards it. I then screamed at the dog to go away and that phased him abit so we got away.
    This is the first time a dog has ever bitten my own dog and it really scared me. I can never walk that way again now. Can I report it? Is there any point or will it just cause trouble? I doubt the gards care too much about dog on dog attacks do they? :(
    My dog was already scared of other dogs and wants nothing to do with them. A lot of dogs have gone for him (mostly terriers) He's a big golden retriever cross labrador but is a complete softie and never fights or even growls back. He often just whines and whimpers... I'm worried this fear could turn into aggression though... A lot of people around where i live just leave there dogs wander out onto the roads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I would report it to the dog warden, the dogs shouldn't be allowed wander at all. I think a talking to from the dog warden may be in order!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rozelia21

If I make a complaint do i have to give my own information? My mother is paranoid and thinks it would cause problems for us if the people found out we complained about their dog...
    My dog is also fine healthwise by the way, thank god he has a thick coat of fur. I can't find any bite marks or blood and no limping or anything.
    I just wish people would be more responsible and keep aggresive dogs under control. There was no reason for that dog to attack, we weren't even going near his territory but he has realised now after a few encounters that my dog is an easy target....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Everybody jumps on the warden and gaurds these days. This is one of your neighbours i think?
    Have you tried talking to them?
    Your mothers right, by going to the warden and gaurds it might cos problems with them and probably lot of other neighbours if you dont mention it face to face first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

the warden will not pass on your details. give them a call. someone else may already have if these dogs are out and about - they may have attacked others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Don't know if this is the case everywhere but it seems our local traffic warden is the dog warden. Sorry if I'm being stupid . So if this is the case can't you just approach him or her and give details in confidence . If I'm wrong please tell me so by all means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

Rozelia21 wrote: »
    I was walking my dog on one of the usual roads we go. In the last few weeks there have been two terriers living near the end of the road, a small ginger one and a medium size black and tan one. Now the last couple of times, maybe 3 times, the 2 dogs have come out onto the road and growled at us. Each time, the black and tan dog has gotten more brave, coming closer and trying to bite my dog. The last time i had to try and kick the dog away because he kept lunging at the back legs of my dog and following us back the way we came. Eventually a car passed and beeped and scared them back. Now today I had no intention of going too close to the entrance of their house and was about to turn around when I saw them speeding up the road towards us, i literally i had no time to do anything, i thought they would stop because they always seemed to stop at a certain point but no they kept coming and the black and tan grabbed my dog's back leg, pulled and held on for a few seconds. My dog yelped and turned around towards it. I then screamed at the dog to go away and that phased him abit so we got away.
    This is the first time a dog has ever bitten my own dog and it really scared me. I can never walk that way again now. Can I report it? Is there any point or will it just cause trouble? I doubt the gards care too much about dog on dog attacks do they? :(
    My dog was already scared of other dogs and wants nothing to do with them. A lot of dogs have gone for him (mostly terriers) He's a big golden retriever cross labrador but is a complete softie and never fights or even growls back. He often just whines and whimpers... I'm worried this fear could turn into aggression though... A lot of people around where i live just leave there dogs wander out onto the roads.

Hi,
    Please don't leave it as it is. Your dog has not been bitten but others might be today or tomorrow.
    My dog has been attacked by 2 dogs in a middle of the busy park. He spent 2 days in vet clinic. It took him month to recover. During that time we had to visit vets every 2 days.

My point is: if you report this to the gards and fog warden, owners hopefully will keep them inside and you might save a lot of pain for the other dogs.

Advertisement