Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing CCTV Cameras via the internet

Options
  • 25-06-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have CCTV cameras which I should be able to access via the Internet, but I can't get it working.

I have a managed host setup with noip.com. I have accessed my 3G router and enabled dynamic DNS and the connection status is "succeeded". I also setup a "virtual server on the router. The settings are:
    Service port : xxxx (the same port number that I set up in the CCTV software)
    IP Address: ( again the same as the IP in the CCTV Software)
    Protocol: TCP

In the network settings of the CCTV software I have entered the domain name, username and password that match the noip.com settings.

Am I missing something?

Any assistance much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Do you have a section on your router for port forwarding?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

thanks for the reply @almighty1,
    Yes my router does have a forwarding section. Forwarding is enabled. I setup a Port on the camera software, and checked the "Enable DDNS" check box.

on the router, i added the port and all looks correct.

Advertisement