Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing VDSL cab in Raheny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi. Many VDSL cabs were installed in my area before Easter for the e-Fibre rollout which went live here at the start of the month, however it appears that one in my housing estate (Maywood/Bettyglen, Raheny) wasn't installed, even though it has a planning notice posted and the one for the other half of the estate was installed and went live when the service launched. The cabinet location in question is here here https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Maywood+Crescent,+Raheny&hl=en&ll=53.379058,-6.163376&spn=0.00108,0.00284&sll=53.3834,-8.21775&sspn=8.852103,23.269043&oq=maywood,+rahen&t=h&hnear=Maywood+Crescent,+Dublin+5,+County+Dublin&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.378932,-6.163218&panoid=eRt57GrbPZ9oMByOkjGPcg&cbp=12,33.04,,0,27.2 and below is a picture of the posted planning notice. Could you please look into this for me?
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi SimonGruber Says[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Unfortunatelywe cannot look into this for you. We are unable to comment on or provide details on eircoms infrastructural or operational planning decisions to this level. [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I wish Icould offer you such information but I can only work with the information and in accordance to eircoms policy and procedure.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]All I can advise is that not all areas/estates will be upgraded toefibre within an advised enabled location/town however works are ongoing to bring efibre to as many areas within the advised enabled locations as possible and it may take up to 2014 for efibre to reach such areas/estates as yours.

I'm sorry I could not offer you better news and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Thanks for your reply. It seems odd that only half of the same estate would be connected to this service. Is there somewhere online I can view the planning application and any objections to it? The notice has no reference number and I could not find it on the Dublin City Council website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Its weird that there is no reference no. on it, there are 2 cabs that are available to view on the DCC website in finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I gave the Eircom sales number a ring and they said that they can connect me to the VDSL cab at the other end of the estate so I guess this one is irrelevant. I probably won't get the highest speed from it but at least I'll get an upgrade at last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I gave the Eircom sales number a ring and they said that they can connect me to the VDSL cab at the other end of the estate so I guess this one is irrelevant. I probably won't get the highest speed from it but at least I'll get an upgrade at last.
    Ok Simon Gruber Says

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement