Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progression Decision Appeal

Options
  • 25-06-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello I am an international student in UL doing Physics and Mathematics. I have failed in 4 modules this semester and was deemed that I repeat the year. I had a severe health condition during May and my mother was taken ill. I have documents to prove my mother's illness. Can anyone help me with this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

You can get I-grades retrospectively. Talk to the medical centre or counselling department as appropriate - they'll be able to advise you. Bring any supporting documentation you have with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shishir93

Ah, I see. Would you happen to know what is considered a supporting documentation? It is just that if anything cannot be used? Please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Bring all documents that are proof of why you missed college and any doctor certs or anything like that you might have and explain the situation.
    They'll be able to advise you best.

Might have been better off doing it closer to when it happened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

Hey,
    Sorry to hear about your situation.

But sadly at this stage as far as I am aware you cannot to anything, you could of applied for I-grades, but you can only do this prefer grading takes place, i.e. before academic council sit and approve your grades.

Its too late for I-grades at this stage.

Hey,
    Sorry to hear about your situation.

But sadly at this stage as far as I am aware you cannot to anything, you could of applied for I-grades, but you can only do this prefer grading takes place, i.e. before academic council sit and approve your grades.

Its too late for I-grades at this stage.

No, I-grades can be applied for and awarded after the results are issued (I've been through this myself last year). The original grade is withdrawn until the I-grade is cleared in the annual repeats.

• Advertisement

Oh I see. May I know if it was a medical case? I have a strong medical reason myself, and I have studied these modules before in my curriculum and I have performed well. So could that make my case strong for an appeal?

I'm not going to discuss the particulars of my case on a public forum, sorry.

What I will say to you is contact the medical centre if you have a medical reason and they will be able to help you. But do it sooner rather than later. Depending on the specifics they may refer you to the counselling department. Either way they'll help you through the evaluation and paperwork. Good luck :)

Thank you very much.

Advertisement