Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Black Bear gets Warfed!

• 25-06-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

An old Black Bear compound that needs a new life ... I wonder if it can be turned into a 21" DAS riser?

NJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NavanJames

The old Black Bear compound was warfed into a 21" DAS riser for me by Sam Dunham in the USA. I've got some DAS bushings (from Sam) for a set of Samick Athlete limbs that I'll try and change them over from ILF this weekend. I've already got 21" Hoyt Excel and a 21" Hoyt GM2 risers ... it'll be interesting to see how this DAS riser shoots compared to them.

NJ

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

James, you're going to confuse people referring to that as a DAS riser, it's a WARF converted to take DAS fittings. WARFs that take Quinn limbs are known as QWARFs so maybe DWARF would be an acceptable term?? :D

I have a 24" Provantage WARF I got from Sam a while ago..... still awaiting painting and an assignment...

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NavanJames

You're right a couple of months ago I thought that a WARF was that large dark guy in 'Star Trek the Next Generation'!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Me too, but thanks to the power of Google I was made to realise that that's actually 'Worf'...........................

And here's a quote that could be referring to archery: "If winning is not important then, commander, why keep score?"

:)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement