Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Take your pick of central heating units

• 25-06-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

I'm installing a ca. 25 KW gas fired /condensing/direct hot water burner. The arch tech scribbled the following brands on the drawing as his recommendations (in no particular order):

Baxi
    Gloworm
    Bosch
    WO (he might not have completed this one)

I've read of Baxi being crap but I've a dhw unit this last 12 years and apart from the (I gather not untypical for the class) problem of sticking diverting valves, it's been absolutely fine, reliability wise.

Is there any clear winner from the above. Or is there another no-brainer winner not above described?

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved from C & P to Plumbing & Heating

You'll probably get more responses there OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

Of those listed, I'd fit a Worcester Bosch every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

nmacc wrote: »
    Of those listed, I'd fit a Worcester Bosch every time.

Pray tell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I'd go with ariston or viessmann. Bosch is good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Bosch cant bate them. Thats what I fit 95% of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Are those ones with no diverter valves any good ? Intergas
    Due to the separate central heating and hot water circuits the Intergas Combi Compact HRE is unique in its kind because of the absence of a diverter valve and secondary domestic hot water plate heat exchanger, thus eliminating a significant source of possible future component failures.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Intergas are fantastic boilers, really, really love them, but no one seems to fit them here!

One of the + with them is they will 100% condense regardless of temperature differentials.

The only fly is, the integral timeclock is not worth a fig, fit a good external instead.

The absence of the diverter valve is not unique, Vokera and Ariston were doing this some time ago, all with secondary passes in the heat exchanger for DHW, when demanded the CH pump just stops, and mains pressure is used for DHW, very simple idea.

Most boilers with diverter valves now build in some 'anti-seize' functions, basically actions the valve ever 24hrs if not in use.

Another plus with the Intergas is the single passage 'full-flow' heatexchanger (22mm), they claim a 0% failure since sometime in the 70s!
    and the flush perfectly too.

As you may tell I am a fan (the ones listed above are good boiler though) and so are any of my customers who have them!

Advertisement