Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the HPAT?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I've just done my leaving cert and have received my HPAT results.
    Unfortunately I choked on the HPAT front. Did perfectly in trial tests until the actual exam. Typical.
    I think I could have the points in the leaving cert, just not the HPAT.
    If I repeat the HPAT next year while doing a course of some sort can I use this year's LC results? And also, am I better off doing a more impressive course eg biomed or pharmacy, or should I take arts or something so that I can concentrate on the HPAT and transfer next September?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nmcd17

Exact same thing happened to me! I got my lc points but choked in my hpat! I'm not doing any college course though. I've decided to take the year out and work full time in a hotel. If you do a college course for just one year and move into another course the next year, you have to pay your college fees the next year. Also you're taking up a place in that course that someone else really wanted and now you've taken it just to leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Brokk

would ye mind me asking how far you were off from medicine points? I did a good LC and an above average HPAT yet I still just missed out by a few points on entry to medicine. I'm studying in college this year but im thinking about repeating the HPAT, I want to know is it worth my while!

Advertisement