Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre - question relation to engineer visit

Options
  • 25-06-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I got a call today about efibre as i had sent a request stating that i was interested. Anyway the engineer is due to call on tuesday. Our main phone socket is in the hall, but there is no electricity socket in the hall, so my modem is in the bedroom. My line doesn't seem to like the maximum 24mg speed that i have at the moment, so its set to about 18mg. surely it won't like the 70mg efibre speed. Will this be replaced? and will they be able to run this from the bedroom socket? Sorry, i hope this makes sense.

any advice to what the engineer will do would be appreciated

regards

Cli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

New line and socket will be connected inside the house up to 30m from the master socket if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I got a call today about efibre as i had sent a request stating that i was interested. Anyway the engineer is due to call on tuesday. Our main phone socket is in the hall, but there is no electricity socket in the hall, so my modem is in the bedroom. My line doesn't seem to like the maximum 24mg speed that i have at the moment, so its set to about 18mg. surely it won't like the 70mg efibre speed. Will this be replaced? and will they be able to run this from the bedroom socket? Sorry, i hope this makes sense.

any advice to what the engineer will do would be appreciated

regards

Cli

The livemusic4life

The advice allen175 kindly offered is indeed correct:

"New line and socket will beconnected inside the house up to 30m from the master socket if required"

Also, you really would not have to worry about what speeds your line cancurrently hold as that is based on its current copper line capacity and once you get efibre this will change to a fibre line capacity where a fibre line runs from the exchange to your local cabinet and copper to your home as opposed to a total copper line from the exchange to your home which you currently have.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

The livemusic4life

The advice allen175 kindly offered is indeed correct:

"New line and socket will beconnected inside the house up to 30m from the master socket if required"

Also, you really would not have to worry about what speeds your line cancurrently hold as that is based on its current copper line capacity and once you get efibre this will change to a fibre line capacity where a fibre line runs from the exchange to your local cabinet and copper to your home as opposed to a total copper line from the exchange to your home which you currently have.

Thanks

Al

Thanks for this Al, thats good to know. and 30m is pretty much anywhere in my house considering its a terraced house so i can continue to have it upstairs :) excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for this Al, thats good to know. and 30m is pretty much anywhere in my house considering its a terraced house so i can continue to have it upstairs  excellent.

Hi livemusic4life

That's great, glad to hear this!

Al

Advertisement