Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4s wifi greyed out

• 25-06-2013 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

wifi on my iphone 4s suddenly went to very low signal this evening and eventually went completely.

wifi is greyed out and cannot enable it.

restored iphone no joy, still greyed out.

checked device logs in xcode and the following error is showing

Jun 25 23:45:48 Preferences[130] <Warning>: -[WiFiManager init]: Couldn't find a WiFi device

looks like the wifi chip went kaput.

any ideas.

the freezer method is next...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Droguser wrote: »
    wifi on my iphone 4s suddenly went to very low signal this evening and eventually went completely.

wifi is greyed out and cannot enable it.

restored iphone no joy, still greyed out.

checked device logs in xcode and the following error is showing

Jun 25 23:45:48 Preferences[130] <Warning>: -[WiFiManager init]: Couldn't find a WiFi device

looks like the wifi chip went kaput.

any ideas.

the freezer method is next...

Same thing happened a friends iPhone. He had to get a replacement from Apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Droguser

if i bring the 4s to apple in belfast will they replace the phone under warranty there and then?

would i need to bring the phone box, etc, and receipt? ( dont think i can find the receipt , bought it on a network , and got it unlocked)

would they replace it with an unlocked iphone, or a network locked one?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Droguser wrote: »
    if i bring the 4s to apple in belfast will they replace the phone under warranty there and then?

would i need to bring the phone box, etc, and receipt? ( dont think i can find the receipt , bought it on a network , and got it unlocked)

would they replace it with an unlocked iphone, or a network locked one?

thanks

Maybe best to ring up first and explain what happened to customer care. Then if they tell you it needs to be replaced ask about heading to Belfast. But usually they will do that no problem. And you don't need anything other than the phone. They just swap it for a new (or refurbished) model and that's all you get from them. Not sure about the receipt or swapping it for an unlocked iPhone. You'll probably get one locked to the same network but can't be sure.

Also remember to backup and have all your files and data backed up so you can restore them to your new iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Droguser

getting it replaced in Apple store next week, seems like they are aware of this issue..

Advertisement