Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

convincing my parents

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

what do u have im mind ... bolt action cz id go for

ya I've been looking at the Cz455 and some other cz's. i was thinking about a ruger 10/22 but people are saying it will cost alot to bring it up to a good accurate rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Not a expert but people r gettin trigger kits etc for the 10/22!Cz 455 is a good gun !Will be gettin one in the next year or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ya I've been looking at the Cz455 and some other cz's. i was thinking about a ruger 10/22 but people are saying it will cost alot to bring it up to a good accurate rifle.

Theres no point picking cz over a ruger till you decide what shooting you want to do.. They'll both serve different purposes in different shooting disciplines

Do you plan on competing seriously in competitions?

If you did gallery shooting and got a ruger you could use it out of the box starting off and do small upgrades at first while putting money aside to do bigger upgrades..

1shot16 wrote: »
    Not a expert but people r gettin trigger kits etc for the 10/22!Cz 455 is a good gun !Will be gettin one in the next year or two!

ya people are saying the trigger is the biggest problem

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    Theres no point picking cz over a ruger till you decide what shooting you want to do.. They'll both serve different purposes in different shooting disciplines

Do you plan on competing seriously in competitions?

If you did gallery shooting and got a ruger you could use it out of the box starting off and do small upgrades at first while putting money aside to do bigger upgrades..

competing depends on how good i am really. i was looking at gallery shooting online and i think that is the type i would like to do or at least try

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

competing depends on how good i am really. i was looking at gallery shooting online and i think that is the type i would like to do or at least try

There are many different disciplines. You'll need to go to the range and see all the types of shooting disciplines that go on before you can even think about what type of rifle you want (semi auto, bolt action) before you even pick a make and model.

If you are trying to get the parents to approve, then probably bring them along to a benchrest competition/demonstration. That would probably be the easiest sell for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You don't have to be good to enter competitions. Competitions and practice are what make you good. Every x class shooter had to start somewhere.

Thanks, i know that i need to decide on a type of shooting before a make/model of rifle.

Advertisement