Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Graphics Card should I install

Options
  • 26-06-2013 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi, I've recently bought a Samsung 22" tv to connect to my desktop, problem is there is no audio input on the tv :( so when I connect DVI to HDMI I have no audio except through an external speaker, which I'd prefer to get rid of. So I was thinking of changing the graphics card to one with HDMI included. I connected my laptop to the tv hdmi to hdmi and the sound works perfect, but I don't know what card to get for my desktop.

The specs are as follows:
    PROCESSOR:
    Number of CPUs: 2 physical , 2 logical
    Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
    Clock frequency: 2193 Mhz
    Socket: CPUSocket
    Voltage: 1.30 Volt
    Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
    Model: x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Cache(s): 1024KB Level2

MAINBOARD:
    Wolfdale 1333-D667.

DISPLAY:
    Name: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series
    Chipset: ATI display adapter (0x94C3)
    RAM: 256 MB

RAM:
    Installed modules: 1
    RAM type: SDRAM
    Access speed: 0 ns
    Total: 2.048 MB
    Used: 1.266 MB (62 %)
    Free: 781 MB (38 %)

WINDOWS:

Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version: 6.1.7601
    Service Pack: ServicePack 1

Any info to the type of card I should install would be greatly appreciated, would buy a new desktop but can't afford one. Price would also be an issue with the new graphics card.
    I do a lot of video & photo editing, creating videos, slideshows etc. would also want to watch netflix and the likes.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This should do, provided you have a PCIe (PCI Express) bay in your machine. Depending on the size of your case this card supports either full profile, or low profile if the case is smaller than usual

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Some DVI ports support 2-channel audio, it might be worth trying a dvi-hdmi adaptor if you can get one cheap enough

Edit: Never mind, you've already tried a DVI-HDMI cable. Just ignore me...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

yoyo wrote: »
    This should do, provided you have a PCIe (PCI Express) bay in your machine. Depending on the size of your case this card supports either full profile, or low profile if the case is smaller than usual

Nick

Thanks for that Nick, I'll get one of these.

Advertisement