Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC build for around €650

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Why are you reducing the cpu and / or monitor? The 6300 cpu is a 3 core / 6 thread cpu. Games aren't even using that many threads yet so it has room to improve and multi tasking is definitely not a problem. You will see 0 increase in gaming performance from a 6300 to an 8320 atm.

The card I linked is a lot better than that 7850 which is only 1gb. You want a 2gb card for 1080p. It also has nearly 50% more stream processors and compute units. At the same clock speeds it should outperform the 7850 by quite a bit.

IPS panels have better color reproduction and better viewing angles than TN panels.

IPS vs TN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

BloodBath wrote: »
    It also has nearly 50% more stream processors and compute units.

Isn't it exactly 25% more stream processors? 1024 - 1280 ?

That's a normal 7870. The one I listed is the tahiti edition which has 1536.

I see, I just read the specs from hardwareversand.de, they must have made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

I am trying to get a good balance between everyday performance and gaming, I'm not looking to play the latest games on the best settings, I can settle for medium settings. All I care about while gaming is if it's playable

• Advertisement

Everyday performance? You do realise standard pc use takes practically no cpu power at all. A 6300 is more than powerful enough for everyday use. It has 6 reasonably fast threads. The rig I listed is well balanced. You are tipping the balance towards a cpu that will make 0 difference to your pc experience while sacrificing your game experience.

What do you mean by everyday performance? Have you use demanding applications apart from gaming?

tuxy wrote: »
    What do you mean by everyday performance? Have you use demanding applications apart from gaming?

I can see I'm making no sense at all, I'm gonna go with bloodbaths build. Would I be able to run a minecraft server and run minecraft at the same time?

one more question: would I need to overclock the fx 6300 to run the games I mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

TheFlidKid wrote: »
    one more question: would I need to overclock the fx 6300 to run the games I mentioned?

Nope, but overclocking will improve FPS noticeably in some games, not at all in other games, and definitely in the future.

• Advertisement

Cool, I was just wondering if I had to buy an aftermarket heat sink

Cool, I was just wondering if I had to buy an aftermarket heat sink

I would do that, but there's no rush if you're on a budget. An aftermarket cooler is quieter, and allows you to OC a lot higher than a stock cooler.

should I save up and get an air cooler or save up a bit longer and get a liquid cooler like http://www.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/49515/Antec+K%C3%BChler+H2O+620.article Does liquid cooling really make much of a difference?

should I save up and get an air cooler or save up a bit longer and get a liquid cooler like http://www.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/49515/Antec+K%C3%BChler+H2O+620.article Does liquid cooling really make much of a difference?

Not much point going that route on a mid-range CPU.

So you would recommend I upgrade to the fx 8350 before doing something like that?

So you would recommend I upgrade to the fx 8350 before doing something like that?

Erm. Well it depends. Unless you're doing a custom loop, high end air coolers match warter cooling (or even beat it) in performance.

A Hyper 212 will net you almost the same overclocks and be just a little louder than water cooling.

Thanks a million man I really appreciate it :)

I just realised that the monitor that bloodbath recommended comes with a German plug

What plug would I need to run the monitor?

What plug would I need to run the monitor?

Standard kettle lead. Or get a 2 pin adapter. Buying a new lead is the cheaper option. 3 quid or less in any electrical/hardware store.

• Advertisement

This doesn't use a kettle lead like I had thought http://www.hardwareversand.de/resource?articleId=82838&size=2&index=7 its the one to the furthest left

Hi I just found out I am able to get a job for around two weeks and will be getting around 300 euro but I am only willing to spend around half of that on the computer so I have an extra 150 euro to spend, any suggestions?

Advertisement