Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I genuinely believe my ban was unfair

Options
  • 26-06-2013 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

[....]

I got banned by Dr. Bollocko from AH. I was a bit surprised by this as Dr. Bollocko always seemed like a reasonable and genuine person. I have had run ins with other mods [...] but I always found Bollocko reasonable and I had a bit of time for him.

Anyway, my post was tongue in cheek to a fella who said he had problems and then went on to say he was buying a house in Carlow.

This is the post
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85221335&postcount=22

This is the famous quote I was paraphrasing.

Perhaps it was taken literally. I don't know if it was because I used the word "queer" or why. The OP had a girlfriend so nobody in their right mind would think I was actually calling him homosexual. And even if I did, or he was, what would be wrong with being one? I'm sure that I could find hundreds of posts taking the piss out of different counties if I wanted to.

Anyway, unfortunately I noticed that his post closing the thread and banning me was thanked by another mod who coincidentally was the reason for me getting a 6 month previous ban. He attacked me on a thread in relation to old posts I had made on an unrelated thread and I told him his actions were the result of a bully. I got a 6 month ban for that (executed by another mod). I'd like to think that Dr. Bollocko was not influenced by this mod. Either way, what's done is done now.

Sure I'm kind of fed up here anyway. I'll have a think about closing my account. Is there any difference between having a closed account vs banned? I see a lot of closed accounts and wonder why people do it.

I'm not going to beg for anything. I've seen people here getting bans after having 10s of thousands of posts.

[...]

Edit. Ah no. Fuck it. I'm closing my account. Not worth it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement