Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Draft Quaterfinal 4: Incognitoman vs Redzerdog

• 26-06-2013 8:26am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭

dont_drink_and_draft_funny_oval_sticker-r3c3b292b5a4a4a17ae09257f7b2b0ba6_v9wz7_8byvr_216.jpg

more than half way through now so you know how this works. Nobody posts until both guys can do their write ups at which point (post away) ill add a poll and everyone can vote on who you think would win the match and go on to the semi final.

Who's team would progress to the next round? 5 votes

Incognitoman
    0%
    Redzerdog
    100%
    Bounty HunterRikandKirbyProfessional GrieferDonnielighto 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

abEYNJNahf.jpg
    Use this11.com for tactics for football

Will go through my team for now and will wait for Incognitoman to reply before arguing the merits of his team.

Goalkeeper
    Well there is not much I can say about Peter Schmeichel apart from he is the greatest keeper I have ever seen.

Defence
    Everyone seems to think they have the best defence in the draft but I think mine is up there with the best. In CB I have the best Defender I have ever seen play the game and he is rated as one of the very best CBs ever to play the game. He will oraganise things from the back, sweep up in behind and can carry the ball out if needed. Beside him I have the perfect partner in a peak Vidic, before he got injured he was the best CB on the planet and his comanding presence is the perfect foil for Baresi.

I have an excellent set of full backs firstly Philip Lahm has been the best fullback in the world for the best part of the last decade he can do everything needed of a fullback, can attack when needed and is rock solid in defence. At left back I have former Real Madrid and Spain left full Jose Camacho winning 9 league titles amongst others and is regarded as one of the very best left fulls to have ever played the game. To get him in round 10 was great considering some of the players who went before him.

Midfield
    Simeone and Gerson are a very well balanced partnership. Simeone will play as a dm and as we seen as the main man in Argintinas midfield throughout his career he can is a very rounded dm. His partner is World Cup winner Gerson who will play as a deep lying playmaker, this is the man that orchestrated Brazils world cup win in 1970 and he will control this game from CM. Again great value as a 9th round pick considering the CMs gone before him.

Figo and Giggs are perfect for my team. Figo at the turn of the century was the best player on the planet and unlike so many in this draft he was a natural winger. On the other side I have the most natural winger to play the game in Ryan Giggs and a peak Ryan Giggs was phenomenal. Any time of think of him I just remember that goal against Arsenal in 99.

Attack
    In the hole is the greatest ever player to play for Englands most successfull team, King Kenny Dalglish. I cant remember seeing him live but I have seen so many videos of this guy and he was something special. He played an integral part in 3 european cups and 6 league title for a dominant Liverpool team. He scored 260 goals in his career which is a great return from a second striker not to mention his countless assists. Although known for his attacking play he was well capable of dropping deap and digging out in midfield and Liverpool often used him this way during tough away trip in europe.

Romario is one of the greatest goal scorers to ever play the game. during the 1994 world cup he carried Brazil to win it and was the best player on the planet during this time. Prob the most natural goalscorer to ever play the game

Overall
    I think my team is well balanced and was planned out to be so. I can't understand picking players and then playing them out of position. With my team everyone is in their best position and the fluidity of the team in both defence and attack should be a match for anyone on their day.

I am going on holiday today so prob wont be able to argue the merits of either team once incognito man posts his

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Redzerdog
    whoops, saw a reply and posted the poll, i'll re-open it anyway when he does get to post his team, unfortunately there is not much I can do to stop him having an advantage with being able to reply more but then again Eli's team won a match without him even doing a write up so you never know

Bump!

Redzerdog
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    Bump!

I pmd Incognitoman, he honestly didn't see the thread and as he is away (not long term afaik) and on his phone asked if i'd copy and paste his post from his previous thread here.... ill find it soon and edit it into this post then open the thread
    abEVPPXafg.jpg

Defence:

Seaman: As solid a kepper as they come. Wonderful shot stopper and commands the area.

Maicon: The man who kept dani alves out for the brazil team when he was on top form. Maicon was the best right back in the world at hes peak

Nesta: One of the games best ever centre backs

Scirea: Is one of only nine players in the history of the European football that won all three major UEFA football competitions. Kept Franco Baresi out of the national team for four years until he retired in 1986. A true great

Hughes: Left back for the great Liverpool side if the 1970s and for england for 11 years. 2 european cups and 4 league titles.

Midfield:

Davids: Man I used to love watching this guy when I was younger. The ultimate midfield warrior.

Robson: 65 times Robson captained England. 3rd most in their history. Over 500 games for man utd he is the perfect captain.

Lampard: Simply put the best goal scoring midfielder I have ever seen. Amazingly he is now Chelsea's all time top goal scorer with 203 goals.

Forwards:

Henry: Arsenals all time top goal scorer with 228. Henry at hes peak was an absolute machine. The player I was most jealous of when I was younger. He has everything.

C.Ronaldo: little needs to be said here. More goals than appearances for real. 201 goals in 199 games.

Shevchenko: One of the most feared strikers in european football at hes peak. Turned up with important goals all the way throughout he's career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its a pity the writeups seem to be tailing off in these matches, this is a matchup where I would be very interested to see what steps both the teams might take to counter the other. Still...

In my match up against Incognitoman I thought that Best against Maicon would be his biggest problem. He has the same issue here, except on the opposite side, I think Figo is a bit too much for Hughes to handle. Its a weakness that Redzerdog could exploit.

On the flip side, here is a match where he will have the better midfield. Lampard is still a grafter among legends, but I think Davids and Robson will gain the upper hand in the middle third.

His front three remain formidable. Two Ballon D'or winners and one (Henry) who I was actually surprised to see that he had in fact never won the award, they are hard to stop as I found out. But I do think Redzerdrog has the tools to do it. The best goalkeeper ever and one of the best defenders ever in Baresi, ably assisted by the likes of the brilliant Lahm and Vidic, its a very solid defense.

Once again its a hard choice, but I am going to give my vote to Redzerdrog based on the issue regarding fullbacks. Many teams have players like Zidane playing wide which allows the other team to defend centrally, relying on defensive midfielders to cover space and track back. This takes a little pressure of the full backs to defend. But Redzerdrog has one of those teams with two dangerous wing players, Giggs and the wonderful Figo, Incognitoman cannot get away with two relatively weak (imo) full backs.

Maybe his writeup would have convinced me otherwise, but going from what we have, I vote Redzerdrog.

Apologies for the lack of in dept descussion on this as i think both of us are away on holiday at the min so its difficult to write detailed posts on the fone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Redzer for me.

Incognito's attack has the potential to be devastating, but I just think overall Redzer has the better team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Redzerdog
    incognito, pretty even all round for me but the front three win it, so effective on the counter.

I do feel that my attack is getting a bit under rated in this draft. Romario is one of the very best goal scorers of all time and in behind him i have Kenny Dalglish and only for he is scottish and not dutch or spanish he would considered one of the greats the guy was just phonomenal and a joy to watch.

• Advertisement

Redzerdog
    I do feel that my attack is getting a bit under rated in this draft. Romario is one of the very best goal scorers of all time and in behind him i have Kenny Dalglish and only for he is scottish and not dutch or spanish he would considered one of the greats the guy was just phonomenal and a joy to watch.

Its very good and you have good wide men too but for me incognitos three are goin to be very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

I've gone for Redzerdog. In Incognito's team Hughes is a weak point at left back and Figo is ideal to exploit that. Also Seaman is no more than solid. Incognito's front three are exceptional but I think Redzerdog did better with the value picks and will just edge him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It seams to me I'm being picked for one weakness (Hughes at left back). But I wonder are people taking into account any damage I've caused elsewhere, while my opponent has a mighty fine defence the team lacks the midfield to take control. I have probably two of the finest leaders you could want in midfield and they will control the game against a midfield double of Simeone and Gerson. Edgar Davids and Bryan Robson. To catch Hughes out red would have to have a good amount of the ball, which I just don't see him getting. I think Shevchenko, Henry, c. Ronaldo and lampard would blow away the about of goals red could score. Sorry if this sounds bad. I've had a few ha

Also a lot of praise for Baresi in this but I have the man who keept him out of the Italian team, Scirea was the better player imo

So that leaves me with a better attack and midfield, also a seriously under rated defence., hughes aside I am not bettered by red in any position. Except G.K.

It seams to me I'm being picked for one weakness (Hughes at left back). But I wonder are people taking into account any damage I've caused elsewhere, while my opponent has a mighty fine defence the team lacks the midfield to take control. I have probably two of the finest leaders you could want in midfield and they will control the game against a midfield double of Simeone and Gerson. Edgar Davids and Bryan Robson. To catch Hughes out red would have to have a good amount of the ball, which I just don't see him getting. I think Shevchenko, Henry, c. Ronaldo and lampard would blow away the about of goals red could score. Sorry if this sounds bad. I've had a few ha

Also a lot of praise for Baresi in this but I have the man who keept him out of the Italian team, Scirea was the better player imo

So that leaves me with a better attack and midfield, also a seriously under rated defence., hughes aside I am not bettered by red in any position. Except G.K.

I think you have had a few to many! Scirea was certainly not a player than baresi who is considered one of the very best of all time. My goal keeper and defence is head and shoulders above your on this. Midfield and attack are slighlty hard to judge like for like as we have them set up differently. I see your midfield as very hustle and bustle and lack someone that will dictate the game the same way gerson can. I think you are severely lacking a playmaker to supply your forward line as lampard is at his best arriving late into the box not dictating the game. In simeone and gerson my midfield is far more balanced and they compliment eacjother well and give me the perfect platform to build attacks. I do like your attack but always felt that henry was at his best with arsenal when playing centrally. Hmmm shevchenko was a excellent player before his move to england but he wasnt even on the same planet as some of the strikers in the draft including romario. Ronaldo us a class act though but feel my defence is well equiped to deal with this treat. My own attack i have two fantadtic wingers in figo and giggs and a second striker of the calibre of dalglish and to top things off the great romario as striker. I just dont see how your poor defence can keep me scoreless. While you do have a good team it has its weaknesses and i think mine is better ecuiped to stop you scoring than the other way round.

You say your defence will keep me out. Not so sure about that. A serious lack of pace between your two centre defenders. They will be up against two of the fastest players in this draft in ronaldo and henry. It's a fine defence but in my two guys I have the perfect players to exploit their main weakness.

You say your defence will keep me out. Not so sure about that. A serious lack of pace between your two centre defenders. They will be up against two of the fastest players in this draft in ronaldo and henry. It's a fine defence but in my two guys I have the perfect players to exploit their main weakness.

My defence just doesnt consist of two centre back i have two quality fullbacks to help out here aswell as one of the greatest gks iv ever seen to get past

Just pointing out that whatever damage you think Figo will do to Hughes I'm sure I'll get as much joy out of vidic up against henry or ronaldo. Torres took vidic apart henry and ronaldo will do the same.

My defence just doesnt consist of one centre back i have two quality fullbacks to help out here aswell as one of the greatest gks iv ever seen to get past and one of the greatest cbs to ever play the game. There is a huge difeerence between figo up against hughes and what you are suggesting above

Well by the same argument my defence just doesn't consists of a left back. Two of the best defenders ever to cover.

I still think vidic especially will struggle to keep up with the pace of Henry and ronaldo. Get to a one on one situation and he's in trouble.

Anyway we are going round and round in circles here I'll leave it at that and let others decide.

When does the voting close by the way?

Redzerdog
    Vidic got murdered by Torres with rio and evra beside him though. It's a pertinent point especially since it happened more than once.

• Advertisement

Vidic got murdered by Torres with rio and evra beside him though. It's a pertinent point especially since it happened more than once.

And Maicon got murdered by Gareth Bale.

Redzerdog
    And Maicon got murdered by Gareth Bale.

Not a peak maicon.

Not a peak maicon.

Nor a peak Bale. ;)

Doesn't matter Im out goodluck in the rest of the tournament red.

To lose by one vote is kinda sicking. Very low numbers as well. Only 11 votes cast

Redzerdog
    according to the poll it is now closed and with just 1 vote seperating the two we have a winner

Arguing that Torres got the better of vidic twice is up there with the most pointless debates in this whole draft. Shevchenko had many a stinker but he isn't judged on that either.

Anyway it was a tight match as expected as I think incognitomans team was one of the stronger ones. Rightly or wrongly it seems the inclusion of Hughes and to lesser extent Macon went against him and the funny thing is if I hadn't got camacho Hughes was being considered aswell. I just think he was not as natural a left full as some in the draft.

I tried to get camacho but you took him just a few picks before me and that was my downfall

Redzerdog
    Arguing that Torres got the better of vidic twice is up there with the most pointless debates in this whole draft. Shevchenko had many a stinker but he isn't judged on that either.

Anyway it was a tight match as expected as I think incognitomans team was one of the stronger ones. Rightly or wrongly it seems the inclusion of Hughes and to lesser extent Macon went against him and the funny thing is if I hadn't got camacho Hughes was being considered aswell. I just think he was not as natural a left full as some in the draft.

Vidic's only weakness and a high profile example of that being exposed, pertinent. Well done anyway, serious defence, squeaky bum time now.

Advertisement