Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ehm.. garden and grass

• 26-06-2013 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    not sure if I should post here or in gardening.. I'll try.
    So the problem is with the garden.
    Jago did some holes and ok, I can "fix" them and try to "teach him".
    The problem is the grass not growing anymore..
    I suppose because he is always running and walking etc.
    I tried to put some seeds but nothing.

Do you have any advice?
    The garden is small so I cannot close Jago in a smaller area.
    Maybe there is a kind of grass more resistant :rolleyes: ?
    Experiences?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

use grass seed with a mix of clover lawn seed is too fine and can be quite hard to germinate at this time of year especially good luck sounds like you will need it

keep well watered and cover area for a few days with clear plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Your problem is based around the grass roots dying.

There is a solution widely used for temporary car parks on grassed areas.

see http://www.safecareireland.com/products/list/c/rubber-safety-matting.html

You place these mats on your lawn (they can be cut to size with a junior hacksaw) & tie them together with cable ties.
    Grass grows through the mats, but the dog / small football-mad boy cannot get at the grass roots. If they are laid flat you can still mow the grass. A few weeks of grass growth and you won't be able to see the mats at all. Ideal for a small garden.

btw these mats are available from quite a few places, the above link is not a recommendation. It's just to illustrate the idea.

Advertisement