Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around the Mercy Hospital

Options
  • 26-06-2013 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi - I'm bringing an older relative to an appointment in the Mercy soon and there doesn't appear to be any parking close by? I dont want him to have to walk far and I'm quite tight for time so can't drop him and then drive off to park far away.

Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It's painful. Bring someone else in the car is my only tip. Let them wait in the car, or drive around and come back for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

5 mins walk for an able person away there is st. finbarrs carpark on wandesford quay. Its the other side of washington street from the mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Remove the bollards placed by local residents in many of the public parking spaces nearby. Coach Street is normally a good place to start.

It's infuriating that people think they can block a public space all fu*king day so that they can park their car in it at night. This has been going on for years and City Council does not seem to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Multistory on North Main Street is the best option

It's the closest and I think it's the cheapest too at €1.70/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Thanks all for your suggestions, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

there is a public car park right next to the births deaths marriages place off north main street, its about a 5 minute walk though, otherwise you are looking for on street parking,

a bit annoying they never made parking provisions when building the new building, a ground floor car park wouldn't have gone amiss

Advertisement