Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos price change

Options
  • 26-06-2013 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hope this is in the correct forum.

Last night I reserved a hammer drill in argos, priced €139.99.

This morning I note the price has increased to €209.99. I assume that I will still be paying the initial price of €139.99 as per my email reservation?

Can anyone confirm please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

print out email and bring it with you. They will give it to you at reserved price.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No, they're not obligated to give it to you at the lower price.. some of them do as a gesture of goodwill.

But the T&C's have them covered for price changes.

EDIT: See here!
    Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

maybe but this happened me and when I spoke to the store manager he was lovely and overrided the price for me

Yeah.. like I said, some will do the decent thing and over-ride it.. but T&C's definitely have them covered to ensure you either pay the price in-store on collection or reject the purchase. Very silly policy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I know someone who got a samsung tablet at the lower reserved price last christmas, good bit in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Thanks for replies guys. There was no problem at all... Young lad at the counter called the manager who then overrode the price as listed today!

I must say I'm impressed that they did that, seeing as they have themselves covered as stated above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

halfords do the reserved price even if its dearer in store
    argos don't
    i shop in halfords and not in argos
    qed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Tigger wrote: »
    argos don't
    qed

Halfords? Even their "lower" price would be beaten a mile by even the smallest if motor factors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

argos don't
    qed

The OP has come back stating that they did indeed honour his lower price and it was quite a significant difference between the prices. Maybe the op went in nice and polite so got what he wished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

argos don't
    qed

Ahhh, but you see, the OP used punctuation. Makes all the difference.

argos don't
    How many times have you had argos refuse the reserved price? what were the items and what was roughly the price difference?

or are you just guessing they will refuse?

3 people in this thread said they got lower prices, nobody else said they were refused. In the linked thread 2 people reported getting lower prices, again nobody said they were refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Clearly the disclaimer is there to cover them in case the system suddenly offers a 42" LCD TV for €2 but fair play to them for matching the lower price in this case.

Halfords? You have got to be joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Do Argos fake their sales? I see a product I'm interested in and they says it going for less than half price. But I have my suspicions that the original price wasn't double the sale price as they claim it to be.

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Do Argos fake their sales? I see a product I'm interested in and they says it going for less than half price. But I have my suspicions that the original price wasn't double the sale price as they claim it to be.
    Wouldn't pay heed of their RRP, but always look under 'Additional Information' to determine if it was previously on sale for less.

For example:

6e62DK.jpg

Well.. that isn't bad value, yet scroll down..

6FDxur.jpg

Do Argos fake their sales?
    I would say a big company like them make sure to stay above the legal requirements, i.e. they must have it at a certain price for a certain time.

You can often use google cache to check previous prices on various sites.

In the "rip off" forum you see guys claiming they saw price increases from X to Y, but when you check google you see they are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

argos don't
    qed

Halfords don't have quite the range argos does...

Glad to hear they did the decent thing OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Basq wrote: »
    Wouldn't pay heed of their RRP, but always look under 'Additional Information' to determine if it was previously on sale for less.

at least they have the honesty to tell people.

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anyone?

Why? It's off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anyone?

People will comment if they see fit. No need to bump the thread to force your question.

dudara

My apologies. It's my 1st day.

Advertisement