Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My baby's almost 21, where to party?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I know I can't believe I have a 21 year old either but, he's 21 in Auguest and there is no where I can think of to have a 21 .one that's clean, has nice music ot to loud as nannys and grandad will be there.
    Any ideas oh it would need to be ok to bring children as his sister shares the same birthday and will be 11, and of course I have my 1year old Baby :-)
    Suggestions please ,when you get over the 20 year age differance.im still trying :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations on making it this far with your marbles intact Cathy :)
    I'm not sure where to suggest, but with all the different generations attending I suppose a function room in a hotel would be best. That way there would be quiet places outside the room for the older generations to move to for a chat while the music blares on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Contact O'Dwyers GAA.

www.odwyersgaa.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The balrothery inn has the private room off the lounge. Have had christening's up there and it was perfect to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Jimdagym wrote: »
    The balrothery inn has the private room off the lounge. Have had christening's up there and it was perfect to be honest.

I rang them and they don't do 21 :-(((((
    It is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hire a marquee if you have the space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lord Mayors in swords has an ideal room for parties. Would hold about 80-100 people

Hire a marquee if you have the space.

Em four kids. , i wouldn't have the energy.thanks anyway

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lord Mayors in swords has an ideal room for parties. Would hold about 80-100 people

I would prefare something Balbriggan / skerries end .thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi Cathy - You could try the North County Cricket Club, or also upstairs in Blue Bar in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Hi Cathy - You could try the North County Cricket Club, or also upstairs in Blue Bar in Skerries.

North County Cricket Club dont have an alcohol license any more as far as I know.

As I said above try O'Dwyers GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Maf180

Bracken Court do 21st's. Was at one last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Bracken court as mentioned, The Milestone function room (although get the food done elsewhere as their party food is crap), O'Dwyers (as mentioned), The Golf Club (not sure if they still do room hire but worth checking), The city North Hotel.

For all of them you would need to get your own DJ, and TBH this would be the best bet if you want to be sure that the music will cater for all tastes and not just one agegroup. A DJ for a 21st usually costs around €200-500 depending on who you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

From the Bracken Court website:

Take advantage of our VIP Party Package which includes Finger Food for 80 people, DJ, Room Hire & Late Bar for the all inclusive price of just €599.00.

To avail of this very special offer, contact our events team on 01-8413333 or via email: sales@brackencourt.ie

That isn't a bad price given that the food and DJ are included (€7.49 per head).

Thanks for that , bracken court would be great as nanny and grandad could book a room , as long as its not next door to the one my son and his girlfriend will book :-))))?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

cathy01 wrote: »
    Thanks for that , bracken court would be great as nanny and grandad could book a room , as long as its not next door to the one my son and his girlfriend will book :-))))?

A very modern Mum ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

RobFowl wrote: »
    A very modern Mum ;-)

Is each generation not supposed to deny that the previous and following generations had ***

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

SeaSide wrote: »
    Is each generation not supposed to deny that the previous and following generations had ***

Sexual intercourse began
    In nineteen sixty-three
    (which was rather late for me) -
    Between the end of the "Chatterley" ban
    And the Beatles' first LP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Well, I hope oul' fellas like you pair aren't invited to the party.
    SS giving lectures on the good ol' days & RF hogging the karaoke machine. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

You just keep imbibing them fine Alpine waters to keep your youthfulness

I try and not "in my day" ever as I think it makes wrinkles just sayin it.
    It will be strange going from been the youngest mum at the school gate to who's the granny picking up :-)
    NAaa it won't be that bad. I'm fourty , mum of four , I did well:-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cathy, you're still a spring chicken :)

Advertisement