Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose Piercing

Options
  • 26-06-2013 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

How much is it to get you're nose pierced roughly? & do you get to choose between a ring or a stud?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Rihanna7 wrote: »
    How much is it to get you're nose pierced roughly? & do you get to choose between a ring or a stud?

I got mine done in a beauty salon for 10€ a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Its going to be sore if you get it done roughly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I'm sure it varies slightly from shop to shop but I'd imagine somewhere between €20 & €30. For that you get a professional and sterile pricing including your choice of suitable jewellery and aftercare information. Best option is to ring a few shops and just ask. There are loads recommended on here if you're unsure where to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I would advise getting it done in a beauty salon. Go to a proper piercing studio, see if you can get a recommendation for one in your area. It will cost that much extra but as Paul Booth said, you're paying for skill and quality and you'll get value for you money by having it done well.

Any good studio should have a choice between ring or stud, and some might have a wider selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Actually, best option is a stud or bar. Jewellery will vary from person to person and to be honest almost all studios in Ireland will produce sub-par nose piercings because we simply don't have access to the right styles of jewellery (as no one is willing to pay for real quality).

Anyway, you may have a choice between ring or stud, but stud will heal better. You'll more than likely get the classic nostril screw. If anyone tries to pierce you using a nose bone (straight bar with a slightly thicker bit at one end) then run like hell, as those are really crappy pieces of jewellery that will just annoy your piercing.

You're looking 20-30 anywhere respectable. Anyone who charges more probably isn't worth it, and anyone who charges less is probably a hack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

There are places that will offer to pierce your nose with a gun, run a mile and never look back. If you go to a proper studio you'll be looking at anywhere between €20-40 as a lot of studio's have special offers these days. A good piercer will recommend whether you should go for a ring or bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rihanna7

Really i didn't think it would cost that much. Do they ask for ID? I am old enough i just haven't received my age card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really i didn't think it would cost that much. Do they ask for ID? I am old enough i just haven't received my age card yet.

Anywhere decent probably will ask for ID if you look in any way young.
    Anywhere that's not decent will probably butcher your nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

€40 is not dear for a piercing...

Advertisement