Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDFPA and Weightlifting Ireland

• 26-06-2013 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Can I join and compete in both? Any rules to say one can't?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Kaloma wrote: »
    Can I join and compete in both? Any rules to say one can't?

No problems being a member of Weightlifting Ireland if you're a member of anything else.

I think (Pete may correct me on this) IDFPA membership is out if you're a member of another organisation which doesn't share their ethos on drug use. I think this refers to "untested" organisations and federations.

From how I understand the rules and given that Weightlifting Ireland's testing is administered by the Irish sports council, I don't see a problem with WI members being in the IDFPA. Contact them to make 100% sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 powerpete

Edwardius is right, there is no problem joining both the IDFPA and Weightlifting Ireland, the IDFPA rules are that members cannot lift in organisations that don't carry out drug testing so you would be fine to do both.

Advertisement