Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Bought in States work here?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

As title says - will this work OK in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

should do they are region lock free

Mind you the yanks use a different tv standard than us so im not sure how that would effect you if at all

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

thanks for quick reply...years ago i got the ps3 over there...only thing i had to change was the power cable (kettle cable)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

it will work out a bit cheaper too

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

thats the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

Slipshaney wrote: »
    thats the plan!

I dunno I bought an I phone in americ and I thought it was much cheap but everything in America is before tax so when the tax is added on it could work out the same price ? You'll have to check that out also it it breaks over here then you're f**ked and you'll have to ship it back to America.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

TV standards shouldn't really make any difference, assuming you're using a modern flat-panel TV rather than some old 1990s tube thing.

You're connecting to the TV by HDMI and in general the panel will support a whole range of refresh rates and resolutions, including all the common European and North American ones.

The ATSC (US) and DVB-T (European) broadcast systems are only going to be an issue if you were trying to tune a TV into a broadcast signal directly from an aerial.

Be very aware of US sale prices though as they don't include sales tax (like VAT) and it can add up enormously.

You could also be hit with a hefty tariff when importing it back into the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Will the BluRay not still be region locked?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mathsyay wrote: »
    I dunno I bought an I phone in americ and I thought it was much cheap but everything in America is before tax so when the tax is added on it could work out the same price

^^^ This

You think your getting a great price and then they add on the tax the feckers :D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Depends which state you get it in. Some states have no sales tax.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Depends which state you get it in. Some states have no sales tax.

Florida ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

6 % state tax and probably another 1 or 2 % depending on the municipality.

and if you get caught bringing it through customs you'll have to pay irish tax ? 23%?

donegal. wrote: »
    6 % state tax and probably another 1 or 2 % depending on the municipality.

and if you get caught bringing it through customs you'll have to pay irish tax ? 23%?

So it will work out cheaper up until you get caught at customs ? Haha thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Would the voltage differences be an issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

mathsyay wrote: »
    So it will work out cheaper up until you get caught at customs ? Haha thanks :)

Do what I did. Take it out of the box, if you get asked say you brought it to a CoD tournament. I didn't even get asked and waltz through, only bit of delay is they treat it as a lap top so it has to go through the mass spec sniff at sercurity.

I'm not sure about newer models but the older one had a universal power input so all you do is change the plug. It's what I did to my american one.

Advertisement