Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinning Rod Casting Weight

Options
  • 26-06-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi I was hoping someone would be able to advise me as to what casting weight I should be looking for in a spinning rod primarily for trout, perch and pike up to around 10-12lbs. Any help greatly appreciated as I'm only returning to angling.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

what reel you have? what lures are you using? What budget in mind? short or long rod?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

I went with a 7ft 10-30g rod in the end and it seems to be exactly what I was looking for have 2 heavier 9ft spinning rods that were a little too strong for the fish I spoke of in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

ok. 10-30 is sort of universal. however many depends on action of the rod - for example i can't imagine jerking with soft rod no mater what fish you are after. + i have fishing rod of 5-15g c.w. which is casting 20-30g no problem at all.

Advertisement