Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl W5

Options
  • 26-06-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

I've seen mention here somewhere on using Lidl W5 as a sanitizer.
    On reading the pack it seems to be a clothes washing solution... :confused:

How would I go about using this as a sanitizer? :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I assume you are talking about the oxi-clean. I have used it in the past and sometiems still do but it is NOT a sanitizer. It's a cleaner. People use THIN bleach and vinegar with water for a sanitizer. If you go this route, make sure you do NOT add the thin bleach and vinegar neat. Always have it mixed with water. 30ml thin bleach, 20L water, 30ml vinegar and let your items soak for a few minutes. No need to rinse. But that's just a sanitizer and not a cleaner.

If you use oxi-clean, use it with hot water and I would advise against leaving it over night as it can leave a residue behind that can be hard to see. Some people get away with it, but I have experienced this myself. These days if I use oxi-clean, I fill a fermenter with hot water, add a scoop and swirl it about. Or add the scoop and fill with water to let the water mix it. Add in equipment to be cleaned and let it sit for about 20 - 40 mins before cleaning with a fibre cloth. Rinse it all off and make up the sanitizer like above and allow to sit for a while.

Edit: Just highlighting a few important parts there. Thin bleach. This can be bought in Super Valu & Tesco for 65 cent. 2L will last you a while. Don't mix neat as it can create a toxic chemical.

Advertisement