Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get tattoo in Sth Dublin/Wicklow

Options
  • 26-06-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, I'm a newbie and want to get my first tattoo. Can anyone recommend anywhere in South Dublin? What are waiting times like and approx how much would it cost for a very small tattoo (approx 3cm x 3cm)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hi, I'm a newbie and want to get my first tattoo. Can anyone recommend anywhere in South Dublin? What are waiting times like and approx how much would it cost for a very small tattoo (approx 3cm x 3cm)?

Thanks!

Waiting times depend on the artist some have them some don't, some you can get walk in's with.

Most shops have a minimum charge of around 80 euro.

As for places to look check out

Skin City
    Spilled Ink
    Snakebite
    Colorworks
    Wildcat Ink
    Hydraulix Tattoo

I'm sure there is more studios I'm just not remembering right now but take a look at them and see which one floats our boat.

What exactly is the tattoo you want done?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lovely lady

Thanks, will check them out :) Just want a small script initial so won't be anything too detailed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Couple of tattoo shops in Bray too, don't know the names off top of me head, but google is your friend

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lovely lady

Thanks! Does anyone know about Ata Tattoo in Wicklow Town?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

uch wrote: »
    Couple of tattoo shops in Bray too, don't know the names off top of me head, but google is your friend

But not all studios are good ;), there are about four in my local area and I wouldn't go near any of them.

In Bray the only one I know of with decent reputation and puts out good work is Atattooed Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

But not all studios are good ;), there are about four in my local area and I wouldn't go near any of them.

In Bray the only one I know of with decent reputation and puts out good work is Atattooed Ireland.

Ah now, the work is average, and fairly overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Chikablam wrote: »
    Ah now, the work is average, and fairly overpriced.

They wouldn't be my first choice at all, but they don't seem to fcuk up any work, at least from what I've seen on their Facebook, so they don't seem bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Thanks! Does anyone know about Ata Tattoo in Wicklow Town?

I do. I have had 5 of my tattoos done there, four by Ata and the last one by Joel. Joel is there at the moment and I can't recommend him enough

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

hdowney wrote: »
    I do. I have had 5 of my tattoos done there, four by Ata and the last one by Joel. Joel is there at the moment and I can't recommend him enough

What's their pricing like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Very reasonable. I don't think he has a set per hour limit as such. You consult with him about a piece and he will give you a price based on work/time etc. He is very thorough with his work

• Advertisement
Advertisement