Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

• 26-06-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Just got a letter from the CAO in which they said I am not considered for a Hear place.I can fill a recheck Form in case I made some errors when I applied.

Does anybody know how many indicators do I need to fulfill to be eligible ?4,5,6??

They listed 6 indicators
    They say I meet the first 3 indicators

Indicator 4 I do not they say :Based on the information provided in your Hear online application ,your socio-economic group is :Employers and managers. HEAR targets students from socio-economic group that are under-represented in higher education.The group you belong to is not an under-represented group.

I am not sure what this mean,I never worked before.

Indicator 5 :No :You do not attend a DEIS School or have not attended a DEIS school for 5 or more years of your secondary level education.

I attended a CBS school for 3 years,now 4 year as I finished my leaving cert. The name of the school was not included in that list so I didn't wrote it there.

For indicator 6 it says that I do not lived in a disadvantaged area,which is true.

Lets say I manage to get nr 4 and nr 5 indicators corrected and I meet them will I then be able to take part in this scheme ?

Or do I need nr 6 as well,I can't get nr 6 as I do not live in a disadvantaged area.

Thanks

Comments

crow2 wrote: »
    Just got a letter from the CAO in which they said I am not considered for a Hear place.I can fill a recheck Form in case I made some errors when I applied.

Does anybody know how many indicators do I need to fulfill to be eligible ?4,5,6??

They listed 6 indicators
    They say I meet the first 3 indicators

Indicator 4 I do not they say :Based on the information provided in your Hear online application ,your socio-economic group is :Employers and managers. HEAR targets students from socio-economic group that are under-represented in higher education.The group you belong to is not an under-represented group.

I am not sure what this mean,I never worked before.

Indicator 5 :No :You do not attend a DEIS School or have not attended a DEIS school for 5 or more years of your secondary level education.

I attended a CBS school for 3 years,now 4 year as I finished my leaving cert. The name of the school was not included in that list so I didn't wrote it there.

For indicator 6 it says that I do not lived in a disadvantaged area,which is true.

Lets say I manage to get nr 4 and nr 5 indicators corrected and I meet them will I then be able to take part in this scheme ?

Or do I need nr 6 as well,I can't get nr 6 as I do not live in a disadvantaged area.

Thanks

Well the socio economic is based on your parents employment status so they are obviously "employers and managers" so they went to college. As they aren't underrepresented, you don't fulfil criteria 4.

The DEIS school must be for 5 or more years and since you've been there for 4, you don't meet that criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

Well the socio economic is based on your parents employment status so they are obviously "employers and managers" so they went to college. As they aren't underrepresented, you don't fulfil criteria 4.

The DEIS school must be for 5 or more years and since you've been there for 4, you don't meet that criteria.

I lived in Ireland for 4 years,so I am not eligible for criteria 5 ?
    I am not eligible for criteria 6 as I live a marginally above average area.

My mom was not working in 2011.MY step-father was working through FAS.
    My step-father has level 6 education and my mother finished college in a different country.
    I am not sure what employers and managers mean,I thought it meant they work as employers or managers,they never had this type of jobs
    Do I have to fulfill all 6 indicators to be eligible ?

Thanks for help

crow2 wrote: »
    I lived in Ireland for 4 years,so I am not eligible for criteria 5 ?
    I am not eligible for criteria 6 as I live a marginally above average area.

My mom was not working in 2011.MY step-father was working through FAS.
    My step-father has level 6 education and my mother finished college in a different country.
    I am not sure what employers and managers mean,I thought it meant they work as employers or managers,they never had this type of jobs
    Do I have to fulfill all 6 indicators to be eligible ?

Thanks for help

I know it sounds unfair but unfortunately you don't fulfil number 5.

Number 4 is based on whether your parents went to college or not. I don't think it matters in which country they went. If they went to college then they don't fulfil number 4. As far as I know anyway, I'm not completely sure.

You've said you don't meet 6.

To my knowledge you've to meet 4 requirements.

Number 1 is mandatory.

1 out of 4-6

1 out of 2-3

And one other criterion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 UrbanOutfitter

i received the same letter this morning

indicator outcome explanation
    1 yes

2 yes

3 no the department of social protection payment is not means tested or was not received for 26 weeks in 2011 i sent all the supporting documents showing that social protection had been received in this time ? do you think they may have not received the documents ?

4 no Based on the information provided in your Hear online application ,your socio-economic group is :Lower professional. HEAR targets students from socio-economic group that are under-represented in higher education.The group you belong to is not an under-represented group.my mum hasnt worked for 25 years because she has heart disease she never attended higher education nor has she got a leaving certificate what do i do here ?

5 deis school which i dont apply for

6 my address was checked

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

4 no Based on the information provided in your Hear online application ,your socio-economic group is :Lower professional. HEAR targets students from socio-economic group that are under-represented in higher education.The group you belong to is not an under-represented group.my mum hasnt worked for 25 years because she has heart disease she never attended higher education nor has she got a leaving certificate what do i do here ?

What did you enter as her occupation? They got 'lower professional' from somewhere.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    What did you enter as her occupation? They got 'lower professional' from somewhere.

kill me.....i said that she was unemployed
    in the section where they ask about previous occupations i said she worked as a "nurses aid" i think they blew that occupation into a full blown nurse..tell me this isnt going to ruin it for me..please

can i contact them and explain my mistake in wording ? they could very well follow it up and realise the job was very much unprofessional more of a part time hobby

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

kill me.....i said that she was unemployed
    in the section where they ask about previous occupations i said she worked as a "nurses aid" i think they blew that occupation into a full blown nurse..tell me this isnt going to ruin it for me..please

can i contact them and explain my mistake in wording ? they could very well follow it up and realise the job was very much unprofessional more of a part time hobby

I presume they have an appeal system. Contact them and explain all that.

It's almost an art filling out these forms and using the 'right' terminology.

spurious wrote: »
    I presume they have an appeal system. Contact them and explain all that.

It's almost an art filling out these forms and using the 'right' terminology.

i hope they do..i'll let you know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carmelmcg

I got a letter today to say I got accepted for Hear. I'm delighted. just wondering does anyone know what happens the day the CAO points come out, will I get accepted for my course on reduced points? Would love to hear for anyone that got accepted for HEAR in last few years. Thanks

is the CAO always this bad at replying/picking up the phone ? redialing for the 100th time here .....

• Advertisement

is the CAO always this bad at replying/picking up the phone ? redialing for the 100th time here .....

Yes. They get so busy and bogged down with calls whenever something happens (deadlines, HEAR, DARE etc) My guidance counselor had a direct line to them so she could get any questions answered. I don't know if you have any way of contacting yours but that could be a possibility?
    Otherwise you just need to keep trying unfortunately.

Advertisement