Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tax breaks/grants for employing somebody

Options
  • 26-06-2013 12:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭

As a new company I am going to have a few interviews in the next week or so for sales positions. Some are seeking work and some are working at present. I have heard about from a local politician regarding a tax break if you are employing somebody on who is unemployed?

Is there a grant you can get if you are looking to employ somebody who is employed at present but something that will tide you over the first few months when they are employed and when business is being build up? Thanks as always for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

herthabsc wrote: »
    As a new company I am going to have a few interviews in the next week or so for sales positions. Some are seeking work and some are working at present. I have heard about from a local politician regarding a tax break if you are employing somebody on who is unemployed?

Is there a grant you can get if you are looking to employ somebody who is employed at present but something that will tide you over the first few months when they are employed and when business is being build up? Thanks as always for any advise.

There is this..

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/240_Employer-Job-PRSI-Incentive-Scheme.aspx

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it59.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Any more openings ?

If your in Dublin, I would be interested in applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I'd have thought you'd hire the best person for the hob not the person who gives you a tax break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭herthabsc

Of course I am looking for the best person to join. I just wanted to find out the general implications of employing somebody and if as a employer there is any help.

Advertisement