Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Standard Estate Garden - Perimiter wall?

• 26-06-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have your standard 3bed semi house in an estate. I have a wall sourounding by back garden, horrible block. I would like to cover this wall out of sight with either Hedge or trees?

Any easy soloution, on the cheap on how I could do this? Or what hedge/tree reccomendations you have?

Thanks
    Fint

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

finto wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have your standard 3bed semi house in an estate. I have a wall sourounding by back garden, horrible block. I would like to cover this wall out of sight with either Hedge or trees?

Any easy soloution, on the cheap on how I could do this? Or what hedge/tree reccomendations you have?

Thanks
    Fint

We have Hornbeam,we like it as its more unusual in an urban setting.

Everyone seems to go for evergreen hedging,so thats partly why we went with hornbeam.....to be different.

Its a very tough/very sturdy hedge that grows well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

A couple of large buckets of Woodies cream masonry paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Last house we were in had a horrible masonery wall at the back. We painted it green and planted a mixed border in front.

I'm not a fan of hedges in small gardens. They take up so much valuable growing room and are slightly boring to my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

trellis's and climbers. i am covering most of my block wall with honeysuckle clematis, climbing roses etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,679 ✭✭✭✭ted1

redser7 wrote: »
    A couple of large buckets of Woodies cream masonry paint.

Cream can be boring. I'm a fan of vibrant natrual colours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Once you paint you can't go back and you have to keep redoing it. You can cut down trees if they don't suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,679 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    Once you paint you can't go back and you have to keep redoing it. You can cut down trees if they don't suit.
    Nonsense, you can grow trees, hedges, stick up trellis's etc

Advertisement