Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyword plural important or not?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am doing keyword research with a paid tool. It's going great.. I am learning it step by step. I now have a list of a couple of the best keywords in my niche.

The top keywords only show as plural like keywords ending with : Studios and Internships

Is it important to include the S to make this keyword work? The keywords without the S are not marked as the top keywords to target?

Thanks in advanced...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Bud im confused as to what question your actually asking ..

Your english is not quite up to scratch.. or could you perhaps refrase what your doing or trying to do...

Im giving an educated guess on that your keyword or keywords has in fact got five or six letters and when you add an "S" it puts it in plural..
    For example "blue widget" "blue widgets"

Im assuming this is right but by defintion blue widget gets 1000 searches a month but blue widgets gets 100 searches a month ?? but its 10x less diffucult to rank for that keyword.. So the question you have to ask yourself is..
    If i target blue widget it will take me €100 euros to get 1000 searches a month and only €9 to get "blue widgets" for 100 searches a month
    In my rudimentarty maths it would be both easier/cheaper to target firstly the blue widgets" keyword first and also if you were targeting blue widget it would hit that secondary keyword bringing you in more searches..

Its quite frankly up to you whether u want to target the keywords this way or not, depending on what your strategy is .. Long tail firstly to draw traffic ?? Targetting more profitable keywords initially with a high return/ high burn on cash flow ?

Advertisement