Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep neighbours dog out?

• 26-06-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi Neighbours have a puppy and I cannot keep him out of our yard. He's big so can jump over. Fed up of cleaning his poo etc adn he has wrecked plants / toys. Does anyone have a solution, that won't hurt him obviously!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Talk to your neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

Yeah, thanks, if that was a possibility I would have done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

corsica wrote: »
    Yeah, thanks, if that was a possibility I would have done so.

It's always the first port of call for advice - you would be surprised how many people on here want to explore an avenue without contacting their neighbours.

There really isn't anything you can do except perhaps build a bigger fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Throw the poo back at them, that will get their attention fairly quickly I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

:eek: Ah no! Neighbour is fine, have nothing against them. Just want to keep pup out of my yard and thought there might be some smells etc they dont like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The best course of action would be to talk to your neighbours, maybe they can put up something.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

My old neighbour used to put 2l bottles filled with water lying around the garden.....not sure what the reasoning was but she was convinced that it stopped dogs pooing everywhere!

Advertisement