Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euromillions won in Waterville?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/06/26/to-the-blanch/

According to a journalist on twitter - the winning ticket was sold in the Spar in Waterville. At this stage there are several rumours floating around but funnily enough this caught my eye.

Alas it wasn't me :( And I can think of a few people I'd hope it wasn't ;) but even if the ticket was sold there it could be anyone from Waterville, Corduff, who uses the creche, staff/visitors of the hospital, workers in the Industrial Estates..anyone really. Will watch with interest...just in case ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Not me either alas :( Congrats to whoever did win it and if its any of the regulars here don't forget you're board buddies :D Seriously though well done to the winner and I hope it brings them lots of happiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Too much money for 1 individual prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Not me sob sob!!!
    Keeping an eye out for any of my neighbours who suddenly start driving around in flash cars now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

anniehoo wrote: »
    Not me sob sob!!!
    Keeping an eye out for any of my neighbours who suddenly start driving around in flash cars now :D

suddenly former neighbours more like.

This damn ticket was sold in about 80 different shops so far, although the Lottery have admitted it was in Dublin region. They wont say another word about it as the winner is staying private. The rumours will abound for years....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I thought Euromillions winners had to go public ? Obviously not immediately, but I thought in the weeks following that it was a requirement ?

Well done to the the ticketholder(s) anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

I read earlier on, in the paper the winning ticket was bought in supervalue Sallins in Kildare..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

glossy wrote: »
    I read earlier on, in the paper the winning ticket was bought in supervalue Sallins in Kildare..

You must not have been keeping up with the news, the national lottery said that it was definitely not there and not even in the Kildare area. This evening they came out and said it was in the Dublin region.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

athtrasna wrote: »
    You must not have been keeping up with the news, the national lottery said that it was definitely not there and not even in the Kildare area. This evening they came out and said it was in the Dublin region.
    No i don't keep up with the news... :D Don't have the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Don't think we will ever know since they winner is keeping quiet. They are right too though, didn't the previous winner from Limerick had to actually leave the country because people kept hassling her?

And that was during the Celtic Tiger (I think it was anyway), imagine what would happen to this year's winner now if he/she came public.....

If it was a choice of going public and having it all or keeping €1million and going public. I'd only keep the million.

Seriously, as mental as it sounds :eek:

Actually if I did win that amount, 90+% of it would be given away anonoymously and spread out over my whole life.Details only released when i died. I've thought about this alot lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I wouldn't settle for 1m but I would for 5m.

It will come out who the person is, sooner or later. Imagine trying to keep that quiet.

Ok, give your siblings 3 - 4 m each. Then their in-laws want to know where their sudden wealth came from....... Someone will talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Rightwing wrote: »
    Too much money for 1 individual prize.

Never :).

Murt10 wrote: »
    Ok, give your siblings 3 - 4 m each. Then their in-laws want to know where their sudden wealth came from

No way!! Money makes people go mmmmental (or chicken oriental as my sister says). :D I have certain peeps i'd tell...and that's it.The first person I'd tell would be my Dad and THE ONLY person I'd give money to.End of.

Seriously, €94m....would make me go BANANAS and not in a good way. I genuinely know pretty much all of it would be given away to worthier causes if i won it.

I'd keep a bit so I knew i was comfortable, but not THAT comfortable.Work motivates me though so knowing i'd never have to work again, would honestly be the worst thing for me personally, i know that for a fact.

I've bought 3 Lotto tickets in my whole life (and never bought a Euromillions one)...so it's gas that i'm even commenting :pac::pac:

Advertisement