Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPM & PTFO solution

Options
  • 26-06-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi..

At the moment it is hard to judge who is a good player, for example I was MVP on a 85 minute Seine Crossing Conquest game the other day but I wasn't happy - had almost as many deaths as kills.

Some might say, fair play, you PTFO and were MVP. Personally I think having a K/D like that is not something to be proud of and should be punished.

Another camper on the other team finished 34-5 or something... did he play well? No, he didn't he sat there with his LMG shooting like a [blank].

Solution

Give someone a multiple bonus for their end of round score based on their K/D, e.g. I got a 10/10 k/d and a score of 5,000 points, I remain at 5,000 points. Teammade goes nuts and goes 10/1 and gets a score of 4,000 points, he should get a multiple, e.g. 40,000 points.

A lesser multiple will apply to vehicle play as less deaths are expected and so on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Wouldn't that just encourage camping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

dont think its a good idea at all, would encourage camping and people would just hang back because they dont want to lose them precious multipliers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

It is true to a degree but you get less points camping, put it this way I got 20k points in that game in Seine Crossing and had a k/d of 1.2/1 so I would get another 4k points via a multiplier. Normally I average 1.5/1 so I would end up with 30k points via the multiplier - you'd need some k/d to get that level of points!

I just think k/d should be more valuable to a degree as wasted lives = wasted tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

BF3 is supposed to be a squad based game so K/D ratio is not the primary concern

If my team needs someone to equip a soflam and paint a few tanks or jets or choppers that are running riot I won't get any kills and will probably get killed myself but I will hugely help my team

If my team is pinned down on Metro and we need a squad to flank the enemy to capture the cafe area and open a new front on the enemy, I will get killed a number of times and might not get many kills.

Driving a transport chopper ferrying people from the aircraft carriers to the objectives is a hugely valuable exercise in some circumstances etc

A much better way to encourage positive play would be to give higher bonuses to the team that wins the battle and to give higher bonuses to squads that work the best together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Let me get this right, your solution to people not playing the objective, is to give them an incentive to camp?

Very bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Could just play fookin game and not give a fcuk about stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

But then how would i call others noobs?:(:eek::P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The only stat I ever cared about in BF3 was whether or not I blew you up with C4 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The only stat I ever cared about in BF3 was whether or not I blew you up with C4 :P

I should have got an achievement for C4ing you.

l6x.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    But then how would i call others noobs?:(:eek::P
    When you stand over their dead body...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bitches love W/L Ratio :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Akrasia wrote: »
    BF3 is supposed to be a squad based game so K/D ratio is not the primary concern

If my team needs someone to equip a soflam and paint a few tanks or jets or choppers that are running riot I won't get any kills and will probably get killed myself but I will hugely help my team

If my team is pinned down on Metro and we need a squad to flank the enemy to capture the cafe area and open a new front on the enemy, I will get killed a number of times and might not get many kills.

Driving a transport chopper ferrying people from the aircraft carriers to the objectives is a hugely valuable exercise in some circumstances etc

A much better way to encourage positive play would be to give higher bonuses to the team that wins the battle and to give higher bonuses to squads that work the best together

+1

They really need more points for squad play, things like points for how long your squad members stay alive etc, how many inter-squad actions you perform etc.

At the moment so many servers are just full of people trying to get kills. Just like in Planetside kills should be considered largely irrelevant compared to team play based points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I value W/L ratio more than K/D.

A good player is one who gets a good score on the scoreboard, not one who has a 10 K/D. Although, I will admit, K/D is a bonus as it shows gun to gun skill if i'm correct in game modes like squad rush or rush.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Id prefer a player on my squad with an even k/d and PTFO over a player with a high k/d any day.

That said i play with the IRL clan lads and theres a fair few of us (and its rare I know) who PTFO push hard, defend , support squad and end up with k/d's like 20/1 nearly every match

If you play as a squad you will boss most maps and I think best indicator of a players team play is W/L ratio

Advertisement