Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocky Mountains

Options
  • 26-06-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, myself and my bf are arriving in Vancouver on 30th July on IEC Visas and plan to spend 2 weeks there and then do the Rocky mountains in August. does anyone know the best and cheapest way to do the Rockies? I would think hiring a car would allow us to see places at our own pace and places off the beaten track rather than a coach tour.
    Has anyone done this and have any advice? After that it will be look for jobs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Hiring a car would be the way to go in my opinion. And a decent map/guidebook of all the recommended sights to see. Lots of things to see along the Icefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper and then west towards Golden etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Thanks for reply, I was actually looking up tours and came across a good tour with Moose travel. It collects you from Vancouver.
    With the car we would have to fly to calgary first but thats not too much trouble. Hiring a car will work out about the same expense as the
    tour, around 1000Euro each for approx 10 days, (flight, car hire, accomodation) i suppose its going to be expensive either way. .. we will have to decide soon!

Advertisement