Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freight Forwarder ; China - Ireland

Options
  • 26-06-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Would anyone know of an Irish based freight forwarder who could arrange the transportation and customs clearance of a small shipment of 50 units from Ningbo with the following dimensions per packed unit:

60.5cm x 18cm x 27cm
    weight 15 kgs

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

http://touch.boards.ie/user/222187

This would be the resident expert on all things freight on here and one of the most helpful as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi All,

Would anyone know of an Irish based freight forwarder who could arrange the transportation and customs clearance of a small shipment of 50 units from Ningbo with the following dimensions per packed unit:

60.5cm x 18cm x 27cm
    weight 15 kgs

Cheers.

Good morning Nika Bolokov,

I would be happy to assist you with this. Just bear in mind that there is no certaintity as to the rates from 01JUL onwards. Shipping lines have announced very significant increases and negotiations are still in full swing.

However, based on 50 units @ 60.5 x 18 x 27 cms / 15 kgs ( 1.48 cbm / 750 kgs), this would be my best estimate ;

Oceanfreight Us$ 162
    Handling € 55.00
    Agency € 50.00
    Customs Clearance € 60.00

Delivery costs would depend on location.

If you can advise the commodity, we can have a look at what rate of duty would apply and calculate the Duty / VAT outlay. If this is the first time you import from outside the EU, you need to register for EORI.

Let me know if you need anything else

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    Good morning Nika Bolokov,

I would be happy to assist you with this. Just bear in mind that there is no certaintity as to the rates from 01JUL onwards. Shipping lines have announced very significant increases and negotiations are still in full swing.

However, based on 50 units @ 60.5 x 18 x 27 cms / 15 kgs ( 1.48 cbm / 750 kgs), this would be my best estimate ;

Oceanfreight Us$ 162
    Handling € 55.00
    Agency € 50.00
    Customs Clearance € 60.00

Delivery costs would depend on location.

If you can advise the commodity, we can have a look at what rate of duty would apply and calculate the Duty / VAT outlay. If this is the first time you import from outside the EU, you need to register for EORI.

Let me know if you need anything else

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

What are the rates like for July, looking for a 20' fcl in around 10 days time from China to Dublin.

relaxed wrote: »
    What are the rates like for July, looking for a 20' fcl in around 10 days time from China to Dublin.

Hello relaxed,

Including the GRI implemented on the 1st July (yesterday) can confirm the following rates ;

Chinese Mainports (e.g. Qingdao, Shanghai, Ningbo, Xiamen, Yantian/Shenzhen, Hong Kong) to Dublin or Cork - Us$ 1500 per 20' container

Plus ;
    Terminal Handling - € 135.00
    Agency - € 68.00
    ISPS - € 17.00
    EHF/Lo-Lo - € 29.00

Exlcuding ;
    Duty / VAT (**)
    Customs Clearance
    Delivery

Rates are based on current tariffs and rates of exchange and may be subject to change with or without notice.

All business is transacted as agents only, subject to the company’s standard trading conditions and the terms and conditions imposed by the carrier.

Goods are not insured beyond the limits of the carriers liability, which are subject to exclusion and limitation clauses. In any event the maximum liability of the carriers is often only a fraction of the value of the goods. We therefore strongly recommend to arrange all risks transport / marine cargo insurance and are happy to assist you to source the appropriate insurance cover.

(**) Please note I would be happy to review the customs tariff classification for your product to ensure you are paying the correct rate of duty

Also, if you are a VAT registered trader, we can structure your imports in such a way as to eliminate the cash outlay of VAT at the point of entry. Instead we can defer it your VAT return. Something that is likely to significantly improve your cash flow.

Let me know if you need any assistance

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    Hello relaxed,

Including the GRI implemented on the 1st July (yesterday) can confirm the following rates ;

Chinese Mainports (e.g. Qingdao, Shanghai, Ningbo, Xiamen, Yantian/Shenzhen, Hong Kong) to Dublin or Cork - Us$ 1500 per 20' container

Plus ;
    Terminal Handling - € 135.00
    Agency - € 68.00
    ISPS - € 17.00
    EHF/Lo-Lo - € 29.00

Exlcuding ;
    Duty / VAT (**)
    Customs Clearance
    Delivery

Rates are based on current tariffs and rates of exchange and may be subject to change with or without notice.

All business is transacted as agents only, subject to the company’s standard trading conditions and the terms and conditions imposed by the carrier.

Goods are not insured beyond the limits of the carriers liability, which are subject to exclusion and limitation clauses. In any event the maximum liability of the carriers is often only a fraction of the value of the goods. We therefore strongly recommend to arrange all risks transport / marine cargo insurance and are happy to assist you to source the appropriate insurance cover.

(**) Please note I would be happy to review the customs tariff classification for your product to ensure you are paying the correct rate of duty

Also, if you are a VAT registered trader, we can structure your imports in such a way as to eliminate the cash outlay of VAT at the point of entry. Instead we can defer it your VAT return. Something that is likely to significantly improve your cash flow.

Let me know if you need any assistance

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Hi Rudolf,

Thanks for that, what is the customs clearance charge likely to be? Is everythin else now included except the cost of a truck to get it from port to warehouse?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

relaxed wrote: »
    Hi Rudolf,

Thanks for that, what is the customs clearance charge likely to be? Is everythin else now included except the cost of a truck to get it from port to warehouse?

Thanks.

Hello relaxed,

the clearance cost is not included. If we clear the goods on arrival in Dublin, the charge is € 60.00 per customs entry. You would need to lodge the Duty/VAT outlay to Revenue prior to clearance of the container.

If you want us to structure that import, so at to defer the VAT to your periodic VAT return - and eliminate the cash outlay of VAT at the point of entry - we would charge € 110.00 including the additional filings of VAT/VIES and Intrastat returns.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement