Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom music hub to close?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Hello! 2 quick questions:

1. Is the music hub about to be shut down?

2. If so will there be an alternative music streaming service offered to existing customers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

where did you read about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

http://dayandnightmag.ie/boulevard-of-broken-streams-eircom-music-hub-to-close/

There's a mention of Spotify or Deezer being bundled into the Eircom broadband package in that article.

as long as spotify is bundled instead. im a recent eircom customer and I actually like using the music hub..

I'm with Eircom and was a regular user of their musichub until about 18 months ago. However, they never developed it and the lack of access on mobile devices killed it for me.

true , better access through a mobile device would be a bonus. but working in the office, its nice to listen to the odd song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mickyellow

Can't be shocked at this.......Sure Virgin ceased their streaming service in the UK the week Eircom launched "Music Hub". They ended up getting in bed with Spotify.  Simply too late to the party. Eircom will probably bundle up with Spotify or wait until their TV service is launched and offer something similar to MUZU on existing smart tv's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It would be nice to get official word. I use the music hub every day and would look elsewhere for an Internet provider if it were removed without notice or an alternative being put in place. [/font]

Nearly 2 days since the original question and still no response from an Eircom representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

Email from Eircom arrived this AM saying it goes at the end of July...

Their FAQ updated too

http://eircommusichub.ie/#/Help/FAQ

NO mention of a replacement or link to an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

davork wrote: »
    Email from Eircom arrived this AM saying it goes at the end of July...

Their FAQ updated too

http://eircommusichub.ie/#/Help/FAQ

NO mention of a replacement or link to an alternative

Yup, got that this morning too:
    Dear eircom MusicHub Customer,
    As an eircom MusicHub user, we want to advise you that from the 31st July 2013, the MusicHub service will no longer be available.
    You can continue to stream and download music until this date.
    If you subscribe to a download bundle, remember to use any download credits and available top up balance prior to this date.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Kind regards,
    eircom
    What alternatives are out there?
    Spofity is free only for 48hrs - quick googling tells me.
    There is always youtube, but its a bit overkill if you only want music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

Very disappointed to hear this. The MusicHub was the main thing keeping me with Eircom. If there's no bundled alternative, I guess I'll be looking around at another provider when my contract ends.

I also got this email this morning. and funny how they sent it with a no reply email address..

I was sold eircom broadband with the included service of Musichub, Sportshub, Studyhub, and Wifihub as included services being a broadband customer. As i am only a month into my contract, will eircom be providing a discount seeing as they are withdrawing part of the service i signed up to?

I mean you wont pay for a full car service if the garage turned around and told you to buy the engine oil  and change it yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stezie wrote: »
    I also got this email this morning. and funny how they sent it with a no reply email address..

I was sold eircom broadband with the included service of Musichub, Sportshub, Studyhub, and Wifihub as included services being a broadband customer. As i am only a month into my contract, will eircom be providing a discount seeing as they are withdrawing part of the service i signed up to?

I mean you wont pay for a full car service if the garage turned around and told you to buy the engine oil  and change it yourself...

Hi stezie

I understand the removal of music hub can be disappointing howeverEircom music hub was a free complementary service which required no fees or subscription fees and was never sold as part of eircoms packages/phone broadband bundles and discounts will not be available on the closure of eircom music hub. WIFIhub, studyhub and sportshub will remain as complimentary add on services.

We were unable to advise users on this forum of the closure of eircom music hub intil an official statement was made on this unfortunate decision.

Al

that wasnt made clear anywhere when i signed up, that services can be turned off as soon as you are a customer....

Put it like this sports hub is crap due to the poor video quality - only watch motor sports and sure there much better quality of F1 on BBC HD.

Study Hub - Only any good if your a student, which im not

wifi hub - out of the one hot spot location i found in the past month, my phone wouldnt connect to the Access Point, I gave up trying anyways as I have  unlimited data on my mobile..

so the most popular service eircom had, is discontinued with no alternative provided...

Still, its not a fair way to treat a new customer signed into a lengthy contract...

that wasnt made clear anywhere when i signed up, that services can be turned off as soon as you are a customer....

Put it like this sports hub is crap due to the poor video quality - only watch motor sports and sure there much better quality of F1 on BBC HD.

Study Hub - Only any good if your a student, which im not

wifi hub - out of the one hot spot location i found in the past month, my phone wouldnt connect to the Access Point, I gave up trying anyways as I have  unlimited data on my mobile..

so the most popular service eircom had, is discontinued with no alternative provided...

Still, its not a fair way to treat a new customer signed into a lengthy contract...
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]stezie

Musichub has been active for a few years now and no offence was intended. As I said the eircom music hub was a complementary service and is no included in the terms of service which you agreed to. There is no reference of music hub being part of what you agreed to in the terms and conditions of service and we will not be offering discounts to reflect this service being closed down. Terms and conditions can be found here.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

That link doesnt work..

Besides still on eircom broadband sales page, it clearly says that

- Exclusive extras for broadband customers such as free WiFi, music, sports and exam help
    Exclusive extras, does not mean the same as complementary service as far as i was aware..

Exclusive extra - is what you get as a paying customer
    Complementary service is after dinner mints...

Up until yesterday the Music hub was displayed in that section, which has been removed today. Wording is still there though.

01-07-201314-18-08_zps4428c7c7.jpg

That link doesnt work..

Besides still on eircom broadband sales page, it clearly says that

- Exclusive extras for broadband customers such as free WiFi, music, sports and exam help
    Exclusive extras, does not mean the same as complementary service as far as i was aware..

Exclusive extra - is what you get as a paying customer
    Complementary service is after dinner mints...

Up until yesterday the Music hub was displayed in that section, which has been removed today. Wording is still there though.
    stezie

I'm not going to debate this with you and I'm not going to be bated or pushed to make a further response. I would also just like to remind you that I can only offer you the advice in relation to eircoms position and not mine personally.

These are even advised as extras on the website quotes you added above and lye outside the agreed package, you agreed to the terms and conditions which clarify this. There will be no discount and I will not continue to re-arrange the wording of my response or eircoms position on this.

Al

stezie

I'm not going to debate this with you and I'm not going to be bated or pushed to make a further response. I would also just like to remind you that I can only offer you the advice in relation to eircoms position and not mine personally.

These are even advised as extras on the website quotes you added above and lye outside the agreed package, you agreed to the terms and conditions which clarify this. There will be no discount and I will not continue to re-arrange the wording of my response or eircoms position on this.

Al
    Sorry Al, didn't mean to aggravate you. My disappointment is not with you personally, but with Eircom in the way they conduct things. They leave their customers in the dark constantly and the only thing keeping the doors open is the monopoly they have with their control of the countries communications infrastructure.

This thread on boards seems to be the only channel of effective communications with eircom. the only time i need to ring eircom directly with issues, I am referred to a foreign representative who does not understand me.

I thank you for your response Alan, and I hope your management actually use this forum as an insight to customer thoughts and helps influence future decisions being made.

Sorry Al, didn't mean to aggravate you. My disappointment is not with you personally, but with Eircom in the way they conduct things. They leave their customers in the dark constantly and the only thing keeping the doors open is the monopoly they have with their control of the countries communications infrastructure.

This thread on boards seems to be the only channel of effective communications with eircom. the only time i need to ring eircom directly with issues, I am referred to a foreign representative who does not understand me.

I thank you for your response Alan, and I hope your management actually use this forum as an insight to customer thoughts and helps influence future decisions being made.
    Hi stezie

I will certainly be pass your feedback on this to operations.

Thanks

Al

thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 podgesax

This is disgraceful. I use this service every day and it was the main reason I stayed with Eircom.

Alan, what you said above about the service never been sold as "was never sold as part of eircoms packages/phone broadband bundle" is completely untrue. You obviously have no idea what is in your own marketing material (see the link to your add below) or what your door to door salesman are telling people.

There is no mention of musichub being a complimentary service which can be withdrawn at any time in any of the adverts for eircom.

I will be formally requesting that my contract is with you is voided.

http://www.tvads.ie/assets/1893-eircom-broadband-expert

podgesax wrote: »
    This is disgraceful. I use this service every day and it was the main reason I stayed with Eircom.

Alan, what you said above about the service never been sold as "was never sold as part of eircoms packages/phone broadband bundle" is completely untrue. You obviously have no idea what is in your own marketing material (see the link to your add below) or what your door to door salesman are telling people.

There is no mention of musichub being a complimentary service which can be withdrawn at any time in any of the adverts for eircom.

I will be formally requesting that my contract is with you is voided.

http://www.tvads.ie/assets/1893-eircom-broadband-expert
    podgesax

The eircom music hub is indeed a complementary service as advertised through our website. Terms and conditions of service can be found through this link.

We have set up an official statement on our forum - http://bit.ly/15YwfPW 
    However as moderators we can not comment any further.

In relation the new bundle package / promotion you signed up to. The withdrawal of the any added services is not a change to your  account as such it can not be a basis to negate any existing contract and eircoms position on this does not change from what I have advised in my previous posts to this thread.

If indeed you would like to challenge this feel free to do so however we will not be able to take such a request or complaint from this forum as a call to accounts on freephone 1901 is required.

Al

My thoughts and opinions are very much the same as Stezie and Podgesax above. 

Whatever about the legalities of the situation, the fact is that many of us chose Eircom because or partly because we were offered a free music streaming service. 

The fact that the music hub is now about to be removed means that we will now be paying the same money for less services. In my case this is very significant as I use the music hub every day. 

Not a good way to treat a paying customer!

The eircom music hub is indeed a complementary service as advertised through our website. Terms and conditions of service can be found through this link.

dead link aswell.. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

I too use Music hub most days and am not impressed at its closure. Its the extra that kept me with Eircom and I will have to say I will be looking at other providers now.

Also, if it really is to close, I can't seem to top up with credit to download a few of the artists I listen to. No matter what card I try I always get "address cannot be validated". Is this a common problem?

I presume these are the T&Cs that Alan has (twice) failed to provide a working link to:

http://eircommusichub.ie/#/Legal/TermsAndConditions

polaris68 wrote: »
    I presume these are the T&Cs that Alan has (twice) failed to provide a working link to:

http://eircommusichub.ie/#/Legal/TermsAndConditions

Thanks polaris68

However I was not referring to them. I was referring to the terms and conditions of service displayed here:

http://bit.ly/123eWfJ

And if this does not work try this link:

http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/bladerunner/showContent.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0971086104.1372864483@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadfkfiilgklcefeceiedffndffj.0&cid=TermsAndConditionsRes&site=Res&chanId=0

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 39 podgesax

Can you trust a company that blatantly uses a 'complimentary service' to entice costumers to it's products and then switches it off?

Eircom Musichub has been promoted by Eircom in national tv adverts, radio adverts, by door to door salemen and on Eircom's website. None of the adverts I've seen mention a complimentary service which can be withdrawn at any time.

Please tell us what are the other 'complimentary services' that Eircom provide which can be switched off at any time according to the terms and conditions?
    Are your salespeople made aware of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

podgesax wrote: »
    Can you trust a company that blatantly uses a 'complimentary service' to entice costumers to it's products and then switches it off?
    I agree on this too - the service should run for those who signed up for it until the contract expires.

• Advertisement
Advertisement