Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agreed subject to documentation

Options
  • 26-06-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could please help me out. I met with BOI a couple of weeks ago and they said that i was showing up green on their system to be giving XXX amount providing i save X amount for deposit. All that the person working there looked at was my employment letter and calculated by complete base salary on this however it does not appear that she deducted tax from this base or not. Would the system she was using automatically deduct tax etc from my base or would it have possibly slipped over her head.

Thanks for help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The initial calculations that are done do not deduct tax - the multiples allowed already take the tax load in to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jpd85

Went through b of I approval recently and showing up green on their system meant she should have looked at take home pay, existing loan repayments etc. I showed up green when I went into the bank and met them not just over the phone or online.

When we got the initial approval in principal I was also surprised to see subject to all statements and payslip stuff I had already provided. Rang the mortgage adviser and she said they don't send all that stuff up until full application is done but it had ll been taken into account so AIP was ok. I'd say give her a call and double check it was based on net pay. Good luck with everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Great thanks for the help.. I will give them a bell to confirm

Advertisement